I like the new ruby-doc.org!

James Gray

1/25/2006 4:14:00 AM

Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
Nice work!

James Edward Gray II

P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

31 Answers

David Balmain

On 1/25/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
> the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
> Nice work!

+1

> James Edward Gray II
>
> P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
> reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
> standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

+1

I also think it would make more sense to newbies. But as James says,
it's a minor issue.

Matthew J Desmarais

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 13:13 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
> the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
> Nice work!
>
> James Edward Gray II
>
> P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
> reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
> standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?

Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

Gary Wright

On Jan 24, 2006, at 11:13 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For
> some reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
> standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)
This was my first thought also. If it had always been that way I might
not have noticed but it is now the opposite of the previous layout.

Thanks for making this site available.

Gary Wright

Joe Van Dyk

On 1/24/06, Matthew J Desmarais <ogilthorpe@davie.textdrive.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 13:13 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> > Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
> > the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
> > Nice work!
> >
> > James Edward Gray II
> >
> > P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
> > reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
> > standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)
>
> Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
> ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?
>
> Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
> always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

I did the exact same thing. I clicked on standard library when I
really wanted core api.

Gregory Brown

On 1/24/06, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
> the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
> Nice work!

Yes... Very cool!

> P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
> reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
> standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)

Agreed.

james_b

Matthew J Desmarais wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 13:13 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>>Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel
>>the new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive.
>>Nice work!
>>
>>James Edward Gray II
>>
>>P.S. Minor, minor, minor complaint (feel free to ignore): For some
>>reason my reflexes believe core should be on the left and the
>>standard library on the right. I keep clicking the wrong one... :)
>

> Absolutely! I was pleasantly surprised to find the new look when I paid
> ruby-doc a visit today. When did this happen?

Sunday.

> Funny thing about the minor complaint: I had the same reaction. I'm
> always horrified by reminders of what a creature of habit I've become.

But habits matter. I hadn't thought about that, but now that it's been
mentioned, switching them makes sense. (I rarely go through the main
page for the API docs, so the reversing didn't trigger any alarms for me.)

And thanks, all, for the compliments. Real thanks for the look should
go to Dan Ritz of 30 Second Rule, though.

There are a few issues I'm working to correct, but if you find stuff
(broken links, awkward layout, general weirdness) please let me know.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"

gabriele renzi

James Edward Gray II ha scritto:
> Hadn't seen this mentioned here, so just wanted to say that I feel the
> new front page of ruby-doc.org is significantly more attractive. Nice
> work!
>
> James Edward Gray II

+1, it took some time but the result is really nice, thanks to James Britt!

Maxwell Heidegger

very cool, indeed.

Is this site built with RoR? Could not tell from netcraft as it reports:

Apache/1.3.27 Unix Red-Hat/Linux mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623
mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26

--
Maxwell Heidegger
Isotope Research

ptkwt

In article <13e770090601250002n6f467ef2u954f89874a7b502@mail.gmail.com>,
Maxwell Heidegger <heidegger101@gmail.com> wrote:
>------=_Part_20006_898883.1138176175160
>
>very cool, indeed.
>
>Is this site built with RoR? Could not tell from netcraft as it reports:
>
>Apache/1.3.27 Unix Red-Hat/Linux mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623
>mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.26

Nope, not RoR. It says on the page (lower right-hand side) that it's powered
by Nitro.

Phil

Michael Fellinger

Hehe, look at the bottom of the page ^^