[ANN] xx-0.1.0 : xhtml and xml make it twice as dirty

ara.t.howard

MenTaLguY

Quoting "Ara.T.Howard" <ara.t.howard@gmail.com>:

> doc = xhtml_{
> html_{
> head_{ title_{ " go xx! " } }
> body_{ " one more and it would be illegal " }
> }
> }

Out of curiousity, how does this compare with markaby?

-mental

james_b

mental@rydia.net wrote:
> Quoting "Ara.T.Howard" <ara.t.howard@gmail.com>:
>

>> doc = xhtml_{
>> html_{
>> head_{ title_{ " go xx! " } }
>> body_{ " one more and it would be illegal " }
>> }
>> }
>

> Out of curiousity, how does this compare with markaby?

Or the XML Builder in Nitro, which has a similar syntax?

James

--
James Britt

http://www.ru... - Ruby Help & Documentation
http://www.artima.c... - The Journal By & For Rubyists
http://www.rub... - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff
http://www.jame... - Playing with Better Toys
http://www.30seco... - Building Better Tools

Ara.T.Howard

james_b

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, James Britt wrote:
>
>> mental@rydia.net wrote:

>>> Out of curiousity, how does this compare with markaby?
>>

>> Or the XML Builder in Nitro, which has a similar syntax?
>

> hmm. i think the implimentation is better ;-)
>
> seriously - i have a big problem with blanket method_missing like those
> used
> in the nitro and rails xml builders - they make debugging an absolute
> nightmare that reminds me of perl. by using a simple rule : tag methods
> end
> in underscore, i can delegate to the default method missing in cases
> where a
> mere typo was made. eg. in nitro
>
> foo
>
> will output
>
> <foo></foo>

Thanks for the details. This looks really quite slick.

James