Re: Rails 1.0 blues

Dominic Marks

1/24/2006 5:13:00 PM

http://www.hyperionreactor.n...

I think this what you are looking for..

--
Dominic

-----Original Message-----
From: isamura [mailto:oop@poo.com]
Sent: 24 January 2006 15:55
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Rails 1.0 blues

I am a Rails nubee but not to web app development. I've been pouring
over the docs and tutorials for a week or two. I think have enough
knowledge to start developing, in baby-steps.

At the moment I have a functioning guest-book with the usual CRUD
operations that Rails is so good at. It works well for the single page,
/slurp/topic.

The problem is reuse. What is the natural Rails way to reuse the
guest-book functionality in other controller pages, for example
/book/review.

Does one copy and paste code and templates (and create new table)? I
hope not as this doesn't sound like a proper approach.

Please say it ain't so and convince me not to go back... ;)

TIA,

..k

1 Answer

isamura

:"Dominic Marks" <dominic.marks@graphdata.co.uk> wrote ...
:
:http://www.hyperionreactor.n...
:
:I think this what you are looking for..
:
Yes you are right! Please see my other post.

..k