Ruby at O'Reilly Rough Cuts

Pawel Szymczykowski

1/23/2006 6:27:00 PM

Not sure if this is old news or not, but it would appear that both the
Ruby Cookbook and a Rails book are now available for purchase at
O'Reilly Rough Cuts (something akin to PragProg's beta book program):

http://rubyu...

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/?mode=roughcuts&srchtext...

I haven't tried them yet, but it definitely seems worth checking out.

-Pawel

5 Answers

Mark Volkmann

On 1/23/06, Pawel Szymczykowski <makenai@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if this is old news or not, but it would appear that both the
> Ruby Cookbook and a Rails book

Who are the authors of these books?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

Pawel Szymczykowski

On 1/23/06, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/06, Pawel Szymczykowski <makenai@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not sure if this is old news or not, but it would appear that both the
> > Ruby Cookbook and a Rails book
>
> Who are the authors of these books?

Well, I know that the Ruby Cookbook is the one being worked on by
Leonard Richardson and Lucas Carlson. I think it's been brought up on
this list in the past.

See this URL: http://www.crummy.com/writing/Rub...

I'm not sure about the Rails book. You bring up a good point though -
I wonder why the author names aren't listed there?

-Pawel

Lyle Johnson

On 1/23/06, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who are the authors of these books?

Amazon.com claims that Bruce Tate and David Geary are the authors of
the Rails book. Leonard Richardson and Lucas Carlson are the authors
of the Ruby Cookbook.

james_b

Mark Volkmann wrote:
> On 1/23/06, Pawel Szymczykowski <makenai@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Not sure if this is old news or not, but it would appear that both the
>>Ruby Cookbook and a Rails book
>

> Who are the authors of these books?

Ruby Cookbook: Rough Cuts Version
By Leonard Richardson, Lucas Carlson

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
By Bruce A. Tate, Curt Hibbs

--
James Britt

http://www.ru... - Ruby Help & Documentation
http://www.artima.c... - The Journal By & For Rubyists
http://www.rub... - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff
http://www.jame... - Playing with Better Toys
http://www.30seco... - Building Better Tools

Jon Baer

It does say it on the official roughcut site ...

http://www.oreilly.com/...

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
By Bruce A. Tate, Curt Hibbs

Ruby Cookbook: Rough Cuts Version
By Leonard Richardson, Lucas Carlson

- Jon