[OT] OCamlMakefile

Martin DeMello

1/23/2006 12:22:00 PM

I know there are a lot of OCaml enthusiasts among the ruby community -
something that struck me in the brief time I've been dabbling with the
language is that it might be useful to port the OCamlMakefile[1] to Rake
and/or Rant. Not so much because I think the OCaml community would adopt
it, but because it would be a good workout for Rake, and might generate
some useful libraries and techniques for dealing with other languages.
Anyway, I lack the skills with either OCaml or Rake to try this myself;
just thought I'd mention it in case anyone found it a fun idea.

[1] http://www.ocaml.info/ocaml_sources/ocaml-make-6.2...

martin
1 Answer

J.Venning

"truth" <truth@universe.com> wrote in message
> If life in Communist China is as good as those in
> the Free West, why are hundreds of thousands of
> the best leaving China to settle in the Free West ?

"Hundreds of thousands of the best leaving China to settle in the Free
West" ? Would you please quote your source of information for this statement
? It is no secret that some Chinese people try to emigrate to the West,
mainly to America - both the United States and Canada - but they are not
unique in this migration. Peoples from many other parts of the world also
try to live and settle in America, and conversely, many Americans try to
settle in other parts of the world, although admittedly not in such large
numbers. The number of Chinese people trying to settle in America is only a
tiny drop in the ocean compared to those from Mexico and Central and South
America, so why are you questioning only the Chinese?
J.