Ruby Tutorial Projatc

Chintakrindi Meghanath

1/18/2006 1:16:00 PM

Hi

I am also newbie to the ruby community.
I am going thorugh the ruby documentation available on the website.
But apart from this documentation, is there any tutorials availabe to develop a project in ruby using various aspects of the ruby language

Thanks

Meghanath

2 Answers

Doug Bromley

I couldn't recommend the Pragmatic Programming books more. Packed full of
information and very good writing style. I'm slowly buying each one on the
shelf.

On 1/18/06, Chintakrindi Meghanath <
ChintakrindiMeghana@managementdynamics.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am also newbie to the ruby community.
> I am going thorugh the ruby documentation available on the website.
> But apart from this documentation, is there any tutorials availabe to
> develop a project in ruby using various aspects of the ruby language
>

> Thanks
>
> Meghanath

smorgas

On 16 Jan 2010 21:26:32 GMT, The Chief Instigator <patrick@io.com>
wrote:

>The Republicans were sane in the 1960s, but four and a half decades later,
>they've collectively drunk the purple Kool-Aid. I've voted Republican far
>more often than Democrat, but these days, I'd rather vote Libertarian. as
>the Rs and Ds are basically one party passing itself off as two.

THey were out of power (again) in congress caused by the excesses of
McCarthy.

To their credit--northern republicans sided with breakaway liberal
democrats (who got platform control) and initiated the Civil Rights
act.

To thieir discredit---to regain power--Nixon started recruiting those
disgruntled Southern conservattives and when Reagan rose to
power--allowed the religous reich to take over the Republican platform
committee.

That, is the prmary cause of the massive political rift we have today

Worse, are the rise of Loonytarians and Tea-hatters who conveniently
forget that their policies once sunk us by 1930.