Ruby help for all

PG

1/18/2006 10:34:00 AM

just wanted to let everyone in the community know there are some good
resources & tutorials at the new forums - rubyforums.co.uk - It's worth
a visit but they could do with our community posting on there , lets do
our bit guys, I know you'll like the resources they offer , they helped
me loads theres also project walkthroughs too.
Any way hope you all find it as helpful as I did - I will be posting on
there now lets pull together for our own future benefit.
Paul

Ste'

Paul wrote:
> just wanted to let everyone in the community know there are some good
> resources & tutorials at the new forums - rubyforums.co.uk - It's worth
> a visit but they could do with our community posting on there , lets do
> our bit guys, I know you'll like the resources they offer , they helped
> me loads theres also project walkthroughs too.
> Any way hope you all find it as helpful as I did - I will be posting on
> there now lets pull together for our own future benefit.
> Paul

Thanks for that Paul - well worth it, In fact the setup tutorial was
just what I needed as im neww to this u made my day, I will make sure to
post there if i find any good stuff I will add it too, I pm'd you there
as well - at least I think it was you :)

Doug Bromley

I very much prefer the format of using forums for community interaction.
Mailing lists are starting to feel a little cumbersome and dated. The last
thing I want is a messy selection of emails clogging my inbox. I'd rather
see postings nicely arranged at a central location and threaded.

Good job to whoever set it up.

On 1/18/06, Paul <pg@hotmail.com> wrote:

> just wanted to let everyone in the community know there are some good
> resources & tutorials at the new forums - rubyforums.co.uk - It's worth
> a visit but they could do with our community posting on there , lets do
> our bit guys, I know you'll like the resources they offer , they helped
> me loads theres also project walkthroughs too.
> Any way hope you all find it as helpful as I did - I will be posting on
> there now lets pull together for our own future benefit.
> Paul

Will Shattuck

On 1/18/06, Doug Bromley <doug.bromley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I very much prefer the format of using forums for community interaction.
> Mailing lists are starting to feel a little cumbersome and dated. The last
> thing I want is a messy selection of emails clogging my inbox. I'd rather
> see postings nicely arranged at a central location and threaded.

heh that's interesting because I feel the exact opposite :) I much
prefer to have an email mailing list so that everything comes to one
spot. Folders and Filters are a wonderful thing. By the way, Gmail
groups every conversation.

Thanks for the website link. I'll be checking it out at lunch today.

--
Will Shattuck ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com )
Home Page: http://www.thewholecla...

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.

Jules

You can view the list through a forum-like application:

http://www.ruby-...t...

Jules

hampton c

If you like forums... its called google groups.

Magic!

furufuru

Hampton wrote:
> If you like forums... its called google groups.

Yes! For those who didn't know it, go to

http://groups.g...

and type in "comp.lang.ruby". Alternatively, go to

http://groups.g...group/comp.lang.ruby

Then, you'll see this "mailing list" in a forum-type format.
You can also post to this "forum" from Google if you sign up
for an account. Your postings are automatically routed to
the mailing list. In fact, I'm posting this from Google!
I don't subscribe to the mailing list.

Enjoy,
Ryo