invalid_arity method similar to method missing ?

didier.prophete

1/16/2006 7:40:00 PM

all,

Is there a function similar to method_missing when an existing method
is called with the wrong number of arguments ?

Suppose I have a class:
class MyClass
def my_func(var1, var2)

And then I end up calling:
MyClass.new.my_func

As expected, I end up getting an ArgumentError exception ('wrong number
of arguments...). Is there a way to catch these... something like a
'method_missing' (method_missing doesn't get called since the method
exists...)

-Didier

ps: obviously, for simple problems, I could end up using some default
argument values, but it won't work for the (real and more complex)
problem I am trying to solve...

10 Answers

J L Loy

Real name Robert. Robert is a 4' 6" pygmy nigger, probably wider than
he is tall. He is an extreme deadbeat having been found guilty of
trying to steal from Capital One and even had his cellphone
confiscated for non-payment. Also, his mutant wife dumped him several
years ago...

Robert W Westergom (59 years old)
(Ex-wife) Erika Westergom (previously at Borders in Chestnut Hill, PA)
2524 Ebright Rd
Wilmington, DE 19810
(302) 475-5496

He claims to live in Philly but has never posted from Philly. He
mainly posts from a Delaware Public Library or a Barnes & Noble in the
Wilmington, DE, area using free wifi. He also uses free Google Groups
on a borrowed laptop. In his entire life he has contributed
absolutely nothing to society. Lies frequently but after many
beatings has become another usenet zoo monkey. Liars, once they have
been exposed, frequently revert to behavior most similar to a zoo
monkey who sits in the cage throwing feces at passersby but saying
nothing of value. Note that when you reply to a Proven Liar you
encourage them to continue lying.

[][][][][][]

The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallof... asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:43:47 -0700 (PDT), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:
>Tell us the last time a Repub was mayor of Philly.

Why would you care? You don't live in Philly, you have never lived in
Philly, you have never posted from Philly, you live in Delaware and
have only posted from Delaware. No one knows why you hate Delaware
and pretend to be from Philly but that LIE was exposed looong ago...

Anyway...

1952.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_Ph...

>Tell us how Philly was so pro Obama that it nearly
>carried the entire state.

Oops! Caught lying...

Population, Philadelphia: 1,528,306
Population, Pennsylvania: 12,742,886
www.google.com/publicdata

Philadelphia, Obama: 595,980 votes
Pennsylvania, Obama: 3,276,363 votes
http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=12&Ele...

18.2% is NOT "nearly carried the entire state."

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

Maxine Crain-Gibbons

[...]

[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Mon, 28 May 2012 05:51:13 -0700 (PDT), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:
>Philly is known as the "Cradle of Liberty"

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faneuil Hall, located near the waterfront and today's Government
Center, in Boston, Massachusetts, has been a marketplace and a meeting
hall since 1742. .... It is sometimes referred to as "the Cradle of
Liberty".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

I Simon

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:38:31 -0700 (PDT), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:
>On Jun 10, 1:33 pm, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not> wrote:
>Hey, do you actually think it is cool to use the name
>of a long ago hack writer??????

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"His studies were interrupted by military service lasting from 1945 to
1948, during which he served as a tank driver in Italy for the U.S.
Army."

He was a WWII combat vet, you are a coward who never served...........

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"After graduating from Harvard, he attended King's College at
Cambridge University in England. He earned a second bachelor's degree
at Cambridge and took a master's in English there in 1952."

He graduated Harvard and Cambridge, you have a GED from inner city
Delaware..................

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Researcher and writer Samuel Arbesman filed with NASA to name an
asteroid after George Plimpton; NASA issued the certificate in 2009."

He has an asteroid named after him, you have a toilet named after you
at a truck stop diner in Delaware.................

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had 4 children, you have zero children because you're an impotent
cripple...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

Steve

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:14:29 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Nov 28, 7:05?pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:24:50 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>> >and you'e come to this........................how?
>> >addresses over a decade old?
>> >addresses usd as offices or studios?
>>
>> You really need to stop the charade, Westergoon. ?I know your current
>> address, I know her current address. ?They are not the same and
>> neither one is in Philadelphia. ?You don't have an office and you
>> don't have a studio. ? Your apartment is cheap and sort of shabby so I
>> doubt you have a job.- Hide quoted text -

>and my address would be.........................?????

The one on this document..

http://courtconnect.courts.delaware.gov/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_docket_report?backto=J&case_id=U...

robw

On Nov 28, 7:37 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:14:29 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >On Nov 28, 7:05 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

> >> You really need to stop the charade, Westergoon. I know your current
> >> address, I know her current address. They are not the same and
> >> neither one is in Philadelphia. You don't have an office and you
> >> don't have a studio. Your apartment is cheap and sort of shabby so I
> >> doubt you have a job.- Hide quoted text -

> >and my address would be.........................?????
>
> The one on this document..
>
> http://courtconnect.courts.delaware.gov/public/ck_public_qry_do... Hide quoted text -

which was the space we rented a few years ago.
it was not our primary living quarters but a space we used for our art
and as an office.

it also wasn't on the second floor.

anything else?

Steve

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:41:54 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Nov 28, 7:37?pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:14:29 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>> >and my address would be.........................?????
>>
>> The one on this document..
>>
>> http://courtconnect.courts.delaware.gov/public/ck_public_qry_do... Hide quoted text -

>which was the space we rented a few years ago.
>it was not our primary living quarters but a space we used for our art
>and as an office.
>
>it also wasn't on the second floor.
>
>anything else?

<LOL> You lie, Westergoon... but not very good.

robw

On Nov 28, 7:49 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:41:54 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >On Nov 28, 7:37 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

> >> The one on this document..
>
> >>http://courtconnect.courts.delaware.gov/public/ck_public_qry_doct.c... quoted text -

> >which was the space we rented a few years ago.
> >it was not our primary living quarters but a space we used for our art
> >and as an office.
>
> >it also wasn't on the second floor.
>
> >anything else?
>
> <LOL>  You lie, Westergoon...   but not very good.- Hide quoted text -

then i encourage you to go to that address and knock on the door.

Steve

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:58:24 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy093@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Nov 28, 7:49?pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:41:54 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>> >which was the space we rented a few years ago.
>> >it was not our primary living quarters but a space we used for our art
>> >and as an office.
>>
>> >it also wasn't on the second floor.
>>
>> >anything else?
>>
>> <LOL> ?You lie, Westergoon... ? but not very good.- Hide quoted text -

>then i encourage you to go to that address and knock on the door.

<LOL> As if you were worth the trip, Loser.

robw

On Nov 28, 8:00 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:58:24 -0800 (PST), robw <noddy...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >On Nov 28, 7:49 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:

> >> <LOL> You lie, Westergoon... but not very good.- Hide quoted text -

> >then i encourage you to go to that address and knock on the door.
>
> <LOL>  As if you were worth the trip, Loser.- Hide quoted text -

translation: you know neither myself nor erika would be the one
answerin g the door.

Steve

I'd know it wouldn't be her.