Problems with SRPM of ruby-1.8.4

Matt Lawrence

Aria Stewart

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 14:56 +0900, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on CentOS4 (clone of RHEL4) and I ran into a
> couple of problems. First, the build requires libX11-devel which isn't
> available for CentOS4 and doesn't seem to be needed. Second, the build
> uses yacc, but it is not listed as a requirement.

Whose SRPMs are these? I don't think there's official ones...

Oliver Andrich

your error message looks like you are using the packages from Fedora
Core 5, which includes libX11-devel. Recently, 1.8.4 has been added to
updates for Fedora Core 4. Take this SRPM and it shall work.

Best regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Andrich <oliver.andrich@gmail.com> --- http://rou...

tsumeruby

On Monday 16 January 2006 02:56 pm, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> I'm building ruby-1.8.4 on CentOS4 (clone of RHEL4) and I ran into a
> couple of problems. First, the build requires libX11-devel which isn't
> available for CentOS4 and doesn't seem to be needed. Second, the build
> uses yacc, but it is not listed as a requirement.
>
> Very minor problems, but I thought y'all shoul know.
>
> -- Matt
> Nothing great was ever accomplished without _passion_

ENOTFROMRUBYLANG

Tsume