Problem with gedit syntax highlighting

Tool69

I'm having problem with gedit and it's syntax highlighter, let's open a
ruby file inside and write i.e :

def rot(t)
t = t*Math::PI / 180
xa = cos(t)*@x - sin(t)*@y
ya = sin(t)*@x + cos(t)*@y
Pt.new(xa,ya)
end

then the syntax highlighting stops at the "/" signs, this symbol is
treated as a string delimiter.
Am I wrong ?
Thanks.

2 Answers

Malte Milatz

Tool69:
> I'm having problem with gedit and it's syntax highlighter, let's open a
> ruby file inside and write i.e :
>
> def rot(t)
> t = t*Math::PI / 180

Gedit treats the / operator as a Regexp delimitor. Generally Ruby syntax
highlighting is not usable in current versions of Gedit and GtkSourceView.
You may start hacking /usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/ruby.lang,
but I'm afraid I do not know how powerful this syntax description format is.

Malte

Tool69

Thanks Malte, I'll take a look at this file.