CGI library for Ruby

Salvatore Sanfilippo

1/13/2006 3:11:00 AM

Hello!

I want to port a web application to Ruby. I know about Ruby on Rails
and
other powerful frameworks but this project is simple enough and I'm new
enough to Ruby that all I want is a reliable CGI library with a very
sane
API. All the features I need is access to GET/POST parameters, cookies
handling,
file upload support. Sessions are not required.

May you please suggest one?

Thank you very much for your help,
Salvatore

4 Answers

Kev Jackson

Salvatore Sanfilippo wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I want to port a web application to Ruby. I know about Ruby on Rails
>and
>other powerful frameworks but this project is simple enough and I'm new
>enough to Ruby that all I want is a reliable CGI library with a very
>sane
>API. All the features I need is access to GET/POST parameters, cookies
>handling,
>file upload support. Sessions are not required.
>
>May you please suggest one?
>
>Thank you very much for your help,
>Salvatore

CGI is a core/standard library in Ruby. Look in the Pickaxe 2 book for
an example of it being used

Kev

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Thank you!

I'll post some feedback later about this lib.

Cheers,
Salvatore

Justin Collins

And here's the link:

http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/...

The CGI library supports cookies and sessions pretty much transparently,
as well as including nearly all the HTML generation methods you would need.

-Justin

Kev Jackson wrote:
> Salvatore Sanfilippo wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I want to port a web application to Ruby. I know about Ruby on Rails
>> and
>> other powerful frameworks but this project is simple enough and I'm new
>> enough to Ruby that all I want is a reliable CGI library with a very
>> sane
>> API. All the features I need is access to GET/POST parameters, cookies
>> handling,
>> file upload support. Sessions are not required.
>>
>> May you please suggest one?
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help,
>> Salvatore
>>

> CGI is a core/standard library in Ruby. Look in the Pickaxe 2 book
> for an example of it being used
>
> Kev

Jules

Justin Collins wrote:
> And here's the link:
>
> http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/cgi/rdoc/...
>
> The CGI library supports cookies and sessions pretty much transparently,
> as well as including nearly all the HTML generation methods you would
> need.
>
> -Justin

And you could use ERB templates to generate HTML.