ripper status, English docs?

ptkwt

1/12/2006 12:20:00 AM

What's the status of ripper? I thought it was supposed to be in the standard
Ruby dist now, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Are there any English available for Ripper?

Phil
5 Answers

Daniel Harple

Phil Tomson wrote:
> Are there any English available for Ripper?
>
> Phil

If you do a checkout from CVS it is included, and it has documentation.

-- Daniel

ptkwt

In article <5E12A7A6-1469-40CF-92AD-572636B00585@generalconsumption.org>,
Daniel Harple <dharple@generalconsumption.org> wrote:
>Phil Tomson wrote:
>> Are there any English available for Ripper?
>>
>> Phil
>
>If you do a checkout from CVS it is included, and it has documentation.

You mean checkout of Ruby 1.9? Did that, but I don't see any docs in the
ext/ripper directory.

Phil

Nakada, Nobuyoshi

At Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:13:03 +0900,
Phil Tomson wrote in [ruby-talk:175455]:
> You mean checkout of Ruby 1.9? Did that, but I don't see any docs in the
> ext/ripper directory.

Documented in parse.y and ext/ripper/lib/*.rb. You need to
append a line `ext/ripper/lib/*.rb' to ext/.document file to
enable the rdoc all.

--
Nobu Nakada

ptkwt

In article <ypvtk6d5yk2m.wl%nobuyoshi.nakada@ge.com>,
nobuyoshi nakada <nobuyoshi.nakada@ge.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:13:03 +0900,
>Phil Tomson wrote in [ruby-talk:175455]:
>> You mean checkout of Ruby 1.9? Did that, but I don't see any docs in the
>> ext/ripper directory.
>
>Documented in parse.y and ext/ripper/lib/*.rb. You need to
>append a line `ext/ripper/lib/*.rb' to ext/.document file to
>enable the rdoc all.

Is the latest version of ripper available for ruby 1.8? It seems that the
version that ships with 1.9 is different (has a different API) than the one
that is available from the ripper CVS repository.

Phil

Nakada, Nobuyoshi

At Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:28:04 +0900,
Phil Tomson wrote in [ruby-talk:175614]:
> >> You mean checkout of Ruby 1.9? Did that, but I don't see any docs in the
> >> ext/ripper directory.
> >
> >Documented in parse.y and ext/ripper/lib/*.rb. You need to
> >append a line `ext/ripper/lib/*.rb' to ext/.document file to
> >enable the rdoc all.
> >

> Is the latest version of ripper available for ruby 1.8? It seems that the
> version that ships with 1.9 is different (has a different API) than the one
> that is available from the ripper CVS repository.

I think it no longer supports 1.8. The latter should be quite
old.

--
Nobu Nakada