fxtable and SEL_REPLACED??

_blackdog

1/10/2006 6:05:00 PM

Hi there

i've been using fxruby 1.4 and it's very good. one wrinkle though is
i'm trying to get an event back from a table after i've entered data
into a cell and don't find any events that do the job by perusing the
fxruby 1.4 docs.

however, the Fox1.4 class reference mentions a SEL_REPLACE event, and
indeed it seems i can use this in fxruby

@table.connect(SEL_REPLACED) {|sender, selector, data|
puts "got replacement"
}

this seems to work, i.e. my message is printed, but it does generate
the following assertion from fox

FXRuby.cpp:793: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.

so the question is, is this event safe to use on a regular basis - if
not how do i find out a data entry has been entered.

thanks

BD

4 Answers

Joel VanderWerf

_blackdog wrote:
> Hi there
>
> i've been using fxruby 1.4 and it's very good. one wrinkle though is
> i'm trying to get an event back from a table after i've entered data
> into a cell and don't find any events that do the job by perusing the
> fxruby 1.4 docs.
>
> however, the Fox1.4 class reference mentions a SEL_REPLACE event, and
> indeed it seems i can use this in fxruby
>
> @table.connect(SEL_REPLACED) {|sender, selector, data|
> puts "got replacement"
> }
>
> this seems to work, i.e. my message is printed, but it does generate
> the following assertion from fox
>
> FXRuby.cpp:793: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.
>
> so the question is, is this event safe to use on a regular basis - if
> not how do i find out a data entry has been entered.
>
> thanks
>
> BD

I see that too, but can't answer your question. You might want to ask it
on the fxruby list.

_blackdog

quick followup to anyone interested, the SEL_REPLACED event works on
Linux, with the assert printed, but crashes a windows application.

BD

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> _blackdog wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > i've been using fxruby 1.4 and it's very good. one wrinkle though is
> > i'm trying to get an event back from a table after i've entered data
> > into a cell and don't find any events that do the job by perusing the
> > fxruby 1.4 docs.
> >
> > however, the Fox1.4 class reference mentions a SEL_REPLACE event, and
> > indeed it seems i can use this in fxruby
> >
> > @table.connect(SEL_REPLACED) {|sender, selector, data|
> > puts "got replacement"
> > }
> >
> > this seems to work, i.e. my message is printed, but it does generate
> > the following assertion from fox
> >
> > FXRuby.cpp:793: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.
> >
> > so the question is, is this event safe to use on a regular basis - if
> > not how do i find out a data entry has been entered.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > BD
> >

> I see that too, but can't answer your question. You might want to ask it
> on the fxruby list.
>
> --
> vjoel : Joel VanderWerf : path berkeley edu : 510 665 3407

Lyle Johnson

On 1/12/06, _blackdog <rmt512@gmail.com> wrote:

> quick followup to anyone interested, the SEL_REPLACED event works on
> Linux, with the assert printed, but crashes a windows application.

I filed a bug report on your behalf at the project page (see
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=1223&group_id=300&f...).
This bug will be fixed in the next release of FXRuby.

_blackdog

many thanks lyle I'll try and help you out by doing that myself next
time!

cheers

BD