need help to place my gem in proper location

Mohammad Khan

1/9/2006 5:37:00 PM

Hello Group,

I have place my gem file at:
http://rubyforge.org/projects...

I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
gem install <project-name>

I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:

[root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
[root@localhost ~]#

I will truely appreciate your kind help.

Thanks,
Mohammad

3 Answers

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 02:37 +0900, Mohammad Khan wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I have place my gem file at:
> http://rubyforge.org/projects...
>
> I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
> gem install <project-name>
>
> I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:
>
> [root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
> Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
> Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
> Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
> Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
> ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
> Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
> [root@localhost ~]#
>
> I will truely appreciate your kind help.

Hi Mohammad -

Hm, I think you're hitting this problem:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...

Yours,

Tom

Mohammad Khan

would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?

On 1/9/06, Tom Copeland <tom@infoether.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 02:37 +0900, Mohammad Khan wrote:
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > I have place my gem file at:
> > http://rubyforge.org/projects...
> >
> > I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
> > gem install <project-name>
> >
> > I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:
> >
> > [root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
> > Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
> > Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
> > Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
> > Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...
> > ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
> > Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
> > [root@localhost ~]#
> >
> > I will truely appreciate your kind help.
>
> Hi Mohammad -
>
> Hm, I think you're hitting this problem:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-t...
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

Tom Copeland

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:46 +0900, Mohammad Khan wrote:
> would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?

Hi Mohammad -

Hm, I think so... although I haven't tried it... but yes, I think that
bug was fixed with 1.8.4.

Yours,

Tom