iphoto parsing

Patrick May

1/8/2006 8:18:00 AM

Following up on my earlier plist posting, I've just put together a
gem to read the iPhoto database:

http://www.narf-lib.org/2006/01/ip...

Cheers,

Patrick

3 Answers

Henry Maddocks

I have some code that I'm thinking of releasing into the wild. It is
a single 'module' consisting of 4 classes. I was wondering what the
preferred method of grouping classes is. Should I wrap them in a
module or a class or ...?

pere.noel

Patrick May <patrick@hexane.org> wrote:

> http://www.narf-lib.org/2006/01/ip...

fine thanks !

i've done a script reading an entire AdressBook and converting it into
xml (following more or less draft-dawson-vcard-xml-dtd-01.dtd)

this makes use of RubyAEOSA, iconv and xml/smart.

how is difficult to make that a gem ?
--
une bévue

Michael Fellinger

It very much depends on your code, but generally wrapping everything into a
module is the prefered way, it keeps namespaces clean and allows for easy
mixins... the pickaxe has a nice chapter about why to use modules, you should
check it out :)

~~~~manveru