Oniguruma...

Hal E. Fulton

1/6/2006 7:10:00 AM

My understanding is that Oniguruma is standard in 1.9 and
can be built into 1.8.x -- correct?

So my first two questions are:

1. How to do a simple test that confirms whether or not
Oniguruma is there?

2. How to build the stable snapshot with Oniguruma?

Thanks,
Hal

4 Answers

Ross Bamford

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 07:10:06 -0000, Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com>
wrote:

> My understanding is that Oniguruma is standard in 1.9 and
> can be built into 1.8.x -- correct?
>
> So my first two questions are:
>
> 1. How to do a simple test that confirms whether or not
> Oniguruma is there?

From what I can gather, the regular ('old') way doesn't support
Lookbehind, but Oniguruma does, so:

[rosco@jukebox dev]$ irb
irb(main):001:0> "ab" =~ /(?<!a)b/
SyntaxError: compile error
(irb):1: undefined (?...) sequence: /(?<!a)b/
from (irb):1
irb(main):002:0> quit

[rosco@jukebox dev]$ irb9
irb(main):001:0> "ab" =~ /(?<!a)b/
=> nil
irb(main):002:0> "db" =~ /(?<!a)b/
=> 1

would appear to do it.

> 2. How to build the stable snapshot with Oniguruma?

Umm, don't know.

Cheers,

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.remove.co.uk

Eric Hodel

On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:10 PM, Hal Fulton wrote:

> My understanding is that Oniguruma is standard in 1.9 and
> can be built into 1.8.x -- correct?
>
> So my first two questions are:
>
> 2. How to build the stable snapshot with Oniguruma?

http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/oniguruma/INS...
rev=1.1.1.8;content-type=text%2Fplain

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Eric Hodel

On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2006, at 11:10 PM, Hal Fulton wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that Oniguruma is standard in 1.9 and
>> can be built into 1.8.x -- correct?
>>
>> So my first two questions are:
>>
>> 2. How to build the stable snapshot with Oniguruma?
>
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/oniguruma/INS...
> rev=1.1.1.8;content-type=text%2Fplain

I had to apply one hunk of the patch by hand, but otherwise it was
straightforward.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Rich Morin

Googling around, the only information I found on Oniguruma
was in Japanese. Is there an overview in English?

-r
--
Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development:
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/r...

Contact information: rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841