Pure Ruby/Proxy Oracle Driver?

paul.dlug@gmail.com

1/4/2006 6:39:00 PM

Is there an an equivalent of perl's DBD::Proxy for ruby? I'm working
with a rails app that speaks to an oracle database but I'd like to
deploy on FreeBSD (where there are no native oracle libraries
available). A pure ruby oracle driver would probably also be a good
solution. I have been unable to find one though.

--Paul

1 Answer

Jim Weirich

paul.dlug@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there an an equivalent of perl's DBD::Proxy for ruby? I'm working
> with a rails app that speaks to an oracle database but I'd like to
> deploy on FreeBSD (where there are no native oracle libraries
> available). A pure ruby oracle driver would probably also be a good
> solution. I have been unable to find one though.

There is a proxy DBD driver included with the DBI stuff.

--
-- Jim Weirich