[ANN] Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

Mike Stok

1/2/2006 10:33:00 PM

Happy new year to everyone.

The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://ww...
Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike@stok.co.uk>
http://www.stok.co...

The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.

7 Answers

Chad Perrin

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike Stok wrote:
> Happy new year to everyone.
>
> The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
> January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://ww...
> Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Holy cow. You have a cafe just for Linux users?

--
Chad Perrin [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.ap... ]

Austin Ziegler

On 02/01/06, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike Stok wrote:
> > Happy new year to everyone.
> >
> > The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
> > January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://ww...
> > Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006
> Holy cow. You have a cafe just for Linux users?

Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)

Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linu.... With one
exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
is running something open source.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com
* Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Sy Ali

On 1/2/06, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
> Holy cow. You have a cafe just for Linux users?

BSD users are welcome too. ;)

Actually, Austin's right on the money.. even the point of sale is
running open source.

Customers get wireless that reaches out into the park outside.. to
promote tanning* and reduce the number of pasty-white hackers. =)

*not many people tan in winter, I know.

Bryan Rieger

Austin Ziegler wrote:

> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
>
>Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linu.... With one
>exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
>is running something open source.

Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just say -
that is friggin' cool.
I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless - awesome!

Bryan

Bob Hutchison

On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>
>> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
>>
>> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linu.... With one
>> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
>> is running something open source.
>>
> Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
> say - that is friggin' cool.
> I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
> awesome!

Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :-)

> Bryan

----
Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.rec...
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.rec...>
Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur...
xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/...

Austin Ziegler

On 03/01/06, Bob Hutchison <hutch@recursive.ca> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:
> > Austin Ziegler wrote:
> >> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is ;)
> >> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linu.... With one
> >> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
> >> is running something open source.
> > Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
> > say - that is friggin' cool.
> > I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
> > awesome!
> Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
> this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
> place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
> the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
> efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
> seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting :-)

I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
of the functionality). ;)

-austin
--

On 1/3/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
> have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
> of the functionality). ;)

Yeah, if you boot off a linux livecd you can't even turn the screen! ;)