[ANN] Route plotter for the London Underground network

ezusbo

7/13/2006 7:53:00 PM

Hi

I have a facility which uses css and ajax to perform live plotting of
routes between two London underground stations. The css plots are
overlayed over a London Underground map, with each station as a hotspot.
The underlying platform is Ruby on Rails.

I have incorporated certain Web 2.0 features like votes for the best
routes, station name autocomplete, context sensitive points of interest
along the selected routes etc.

The URL is http://public.ok2life.com/t.... As usual, let me know
if you have any feedback by either using the provided MessageBoard, or
send me an email.

David
2 Answers

libsfan01

Yeah thats cool david!

got any suggestions on good books to learn ajax?

David Tran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a facility which uses css and ajax to perform live plotting of
> routes between two London underground stations. The css plots are
> overlayed over a London Underground map, with each station as a hotspot.
> The underlying platform is Ruby on Rails.
>
> I have incorporated certain Web 2.0 features like votes for the best
> routes, station name autocomplete, context sensitive points of interest
> along the selected routes etc.
>
> The URL is http://public.ok2life.com/t.... As usual, let me know
> if you have any feedback by either using the provided MessageBoard, or
> send me an email.
>
> David

ezusbo

Ajaxian.com has got some cool suggestions :-)

My favourite is Pragmatic Ajax, but I am afraid you will have to choose
your own favourite title. I have not seen a book that covers every trick
for something as complex as Ajax yet.

David