Medical APIs

Tom Jordan

12/27/2005 9:23:00 PM

Hi All:

Are there any ruby libraries or hooks into the medial apis out there?

IHE
http://ww...
http://www.himss.org/ASP/topi...

DICOM
http://medical...
http://medical...dicom/2004.html
http://www.nema.org...

HL7 (version 3 or version 2)
http://ww...

Thanks,
-- Tom.

--
"Nothing will ever be attempted, if all
possible objections must first be

"Luck is what happens when
preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca

3 Answers

Ammon Christiansen

What are the medical apis for. I might be interested.

On 12/27/05, Tom Jordan <tdjordan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Are there any ruby libraries or hooks into the medial apis out there?
>
> IHE
> http://ww...
> http://www.himss.org/ASP/topi...
>
> DICOM
> http://medical...
> http://medical...dicom/2004.html
> http://www.nema.org...
>
> HL7 (version 3 or version 2)
> http://ww...
>
> Thanks,
> -- Tom.
>
> --
> "Nothing will ever be attempted, if all
> possible objections must first be
> overcome." - Samuel Johnson
>
> "Luck is what happens when
> preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca

Tom Jordan

DICOM is the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine.
I basically defines services and image data interchange between services
in a hospital environment.
For example, you have a patient comes into a cath lab for a cath proceedure

Daniel Völkerts

Tom Jordan schrieb:

> Are there any ruby libraries or hooks into the medial apis out there?

Hi Tom, I'm studying Medical Information Science and I'm really
interested in such libraries too. If I had some more sparetime, I'll try
to write one of such as a exercice (not the full dicom spec of course *g*).

If you found some links, please let me know.

g,
--
Daniel Völkerts
Protected by Anti Pesto.