Simple ShoutCAST streamer /w browser

Ilmari Heikkinen

12/26/2005 4:08:00 AM

I don't know how interesting this is, but I found it useful forlistening to music on my home computer (tunneled over SSH) whilevisiting my folks over the holidays.It's a quick hack, accepting CGI-using rewrites :)Download: http://dark.fhtr.org/stream... example:apt-get install socat libmp3tag-ruby1.8cd musicsocat TCP4-LISTEN:8080,fork EXEC:'ruby streamer.rb' &firefox "http://localhost:8080/,"Open http://localhost:8080/ in an MP3 player to stream all files inrandom order.Append a comma to URL to browse files.Drag file link to MP3 player to play it.Drag (stream)-link to recursively stream all files in a directory.--Ilmari