Re: Ruby christmas

Franz Hartmann

12/24/2005 9:09:00 AM

oh how very embarassing! i wanted to attach "christmas.jpg" and clicked on
the wrong file.
i have just upgraded ie to firefox and find it has not become easy to
handle. what with the tabs and so on i really understand not. is there any
web browser written in ruby?

>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Ruby christmas
>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:57:41 +0900
>
>Dear Ruby community,
>
>i want to thank you all for the help you gave me about ruby.
>really i study physic not any longer because it gave me a headache. i think
>i am going to be a freelancer. in ruby, perhaps. so we may have more
>business in future.
>
>and oh yes, dont get stuck as the poor christmas man on the card :-)
>
>best wishes,
> franz

>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

><< christina.jpg >>

Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie gleichzeitig
im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu! http://deskt...
Jetzt gratis downloaden!

6 Answers

Franz Hartmann

why can't i send an animated gif to this list? i have a very funny christmas
postcard for all of you and it is all with the christmas man and no girls
with naked cunt (<= yes they gave me englisch dictionary for christmas. it
may not be the right thing to do but i unpacked it already.) but all i get
is a funny message from ml that may mail is to big.
what has ml to do with this? i thought ml is functional programming language
and has nothing to do with ruby. i have tried ml and it is all (([]|[_]));;
(no smiley but this is how it looks out)

>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: Ruby christmas
>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:08:35 +0900
>
>oh how very embarassing! i wanted to attach "christmas.jpg" and clicked on
>the wrong file.
>i have just upgraded ie to firefox and find it has not become easy to
>handle. what with the tabs and so on i really understand not. is there any
>web browser written in ruby?
>

>>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
>>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>>Subject: Ruby christmas
>>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:57:41 +0900
>>
>>Dear Ruby community,
>>
>>i want to thank you all for the help you gave me about ruby.
>>really i study physic not any longer because it gave me a headache. i
>>think i am going to be a freelancer. in ruby, perhaps. so we may have more
>>business in future.
>>
>>and oh yes, dont get stuck as the poor christmas man on the card :-)
>>
>>best wishes,
>> franz

>>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
>>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
>>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!
>

>><< christina.jpg >>

>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

Haben Spinnen Ohren? Finden Sie es heraus ? mit dem MSN Suche Superquiz via
http://www.msn-su... Jetzt mitmachen und gewinnen!

Franz Hartmann

why can't i send an animated gif to this list? i have a very funny christmas
postcard for all of you and it is all with the christmas man and no girls
with naked cunt (<= yes they gave me englisch dictionary for christmas. it
may not be the right thing to do but i unpacked it already.) but all i get
is a funny message from ml that may mail is to big.
what has ml to do with this? i thought ml is functional programming language
and has nothing to do with ruby. i have tried ml and it is all (([]|[_]));;
(no smiley but this is how it looks out)

>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: Re: Ruby christmas
>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:08:35 +0900
>
>oh how very embarassing! i wanted to attach "christmas.jpg" and clicked on
>the wrong file.
>i have just upgraded ie to firefox and find it has not become easy to
>handle. what with the tabs and so on i really understand not. is there any
>web browser written in ruby?
>

>>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
>>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>>Subject: Ruby christmas
>>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:57:41 +0900
>>
>>Dear Ruby community,
>>
>>i want to thank you all for the help you gave me about ruby.
>>really i study physic not any longer because it gave me a headache. i
>>think i am going to be a freelancer. in ruby, perhaps. so we may have more
>>business in future.
>>
>>and oh yes, dont get stuck as the poor christmas man on the card :-)
>>
>>best wishes,
>> franz

>>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
>>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
>>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!
>

>><< christina.jpg >>

>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit
Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Ruby christmas"
on Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:16:58 +0900, "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com> writes:

|why can't i send an animated gif to this list?

Maybe it was too big. ruby-talk list server restrict size of a mail
to less than 32KB.

matz.

Michael 'entropie' Trommer

Peace

* Franz Hartmann (porschefranz@hotmail.com) wrote:
> oh how very embarassing! i wanted to attach "christmas.jpg" and clicked on
> the wrong file.
> i have just upgraded ie to firefox and find it has not become easy to
> handle. what with the tabs and so on i really understand not. is there any
> web browser written in ruby?

its because the 'click',

a ch[TAB][TAB] ;)

(just joking)

happy christmas

> >From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
> >To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
> >Subject: Ruby christmas
> >Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:57:41 +0900
> >
> >Dear Ruby community,
> >
> >i want to thank you all for the help you gave me about ruby.
> >really i study physic not any longer because it gave me a headache. i
> >think i am going to be a freelancer. in ruby, perhaps. so we may have more
> >business in future.
> >
> >and oh yes, dont get stuck as the poor christmas man on the card :-)
> >
> >best wishes,
> > franz

> >Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
> >gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
> >http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!
>

> ><< christina.jpg >>

> Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
> gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
> http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

So long
--
Michael 'entropie' Trommer; http:/...

ruby -e "0.upto((a='njduspAhnbjm/dpn').size-1){|x| a[x]-=1}; p 'mailto:'+a"

Kevin Brown

On Saturday 24 December 2005 03:17, Franz Hartmann wrote:
> why can't i send an animated gif to this list? i have a very funny
> christmas postcard for all of you and it is all with the christmas man and
> no girls with naked cunt (<= yes they gave me englisch dictionary for
> christmas. it may not be the right thing to do but i unpacked it already.)
> but all i get is a funny message from ml that may mail is to big.
> what has ml to do with this? i thought ml is functional programming
> language and has nothing to do with ruby. i have tried ml and it is all
> (([]|[_]));; . (no smiley but this is how it looks out)

Perhaps because there are those of us on bad connections that don't want to
spend the next 4 hours downloading your christmas card when we don't
celebrate christmas _ANYWAY_? That's the boat I'm in.

> >From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
> >To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
> >Subject: Re: Ruby christmas
> >Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 18:08:35 +0900
> >
> >oh how very embarassing! i wanted to attach "christmas.jpg" and clicked on
> >the wrong file.
> >i have just upgraded ie to firefox and find it has not become easy to
> >handle. what with the tabs and so on i really understand not. is there any
> >web browser written in ruby?
> >
> >>From: "Franz Hartmann" <porschefranz@hotmail.com>
> >>To: ruby-talk@ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
> >>Subject: Ruby christmas
> >>Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:57:41 +0900
> >>
> >>Dear Ruby community,
> >>
> >>i want to thank you all for the help you gave me about ruby.
> >>really i study physic not any longer because it gave me a headache. i
> >>think i am going to be a freelancer. in ruby, perhaps. so we may have
> >> more business in future.
> >>
> >>and oh yes, dont get stuck as the poor christmas man on the card :-)
> >>
> >>best wishes,
> >> franz

> >>Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
> >>gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
> >>http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!
> >>

> >><< christina.jpg >>

> >Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit Windows-Desktopsuche. Suchen Sie
> >gleichzeitig im Web, Ihren E-Mails und auf Ihrem PC! Jetzt neu!
> >http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

> Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit
> Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
> http://deskt... Jetzt gratis downloaden!

Christian Neukirchen

Kevin Brown <blargity@gmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday 24 December 2005 03:17, Franz Hartmann wrote:
>> why can't i send an animated gif to this list? i have a very funny
>> christmas postcard for all of you and it is all with the christmas man and
>> no girls with naked cunt (<= yes they gave me englisch dictionary for
>> christmas. it may not be the right thing to do but i unpacked it already.)
>> but all i get is a funny message from ml that may mail is to big.
>> what has ml to do with this? i thought ml is functional programming
>> language and has nothing to do with ruby. i have tried ml and it is all
>> (([]|[_]));; . (no smiley but this is how it looks out)
>
> Perhaps because there are those of us on bad connections that don't want to
> spend the next 4 hours downloading your christmas card when we don't
> celebrate christmas _ANYWAY_? That's the boat I'm in.

So spread your Xmas cards as ASCII art!

Merry christmas and watch out for the wall,
--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...