Rails syslogger extremly slow..

kenlet.usenet

12/23/2005 5:12:00 AM

I'm using sysloglogger from here...

http://rails-analyzer.rubyforge.org/hacks/classes/SyslogL...

but it causes my website to run 10x slower. It looks like there's heavy
IO wait. Does anyone know why this may be?

Is it just because of the large amount of stuff it has to write to
disk? I don't have a lot of memory...is that the main problem?

6 Answers

Gene Tani

kenlet.usenet@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm using sysloglogger from here...
>
> http://rails-analyzer.rubyforge.org/hacks/classes/SyslogL...
>
> but it causes my website to run 10x slower. It looks like there's heavy
> IO wait. Does anyone know why this may be?
>
> Is it just because of the large amount of stuff it has to write to
> disk? I don't have a lot of memory...is that the main problem?

(not trying to be nasty, but i think the canonical answer is you'll get
an answer faster at the rails list

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/list...

vanekl

kenlet.usenet

What are the other available log levels?

betweentheeyes

"Uncle Steve" wrote in message

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00:40PM -0500, Johnny Johnson wrote:
> In article
> <18c575be68868d9e652e484cfdd89aa4@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>,
> Chris Anders <canders@dont-email.me>says...
> >
> > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
> >
> > Obama's sons just keep killing and killing and killing.
> >
> > Oh well, they were Navy pukes. Navy pukes are all in the bag for
> > Obama anyway. We don't give a damn if they get waxed.
> >
> > The shooter was an insane black veteran with well documented
> > mental issues.
> >
> > He was given a pass everywhere because of his color.
>> >
>> > Gun violations everywhere this puke has been, and he got a pass
>> > because he was black.
>> >
>> > The liberal media is doing their best to crawl away from this
>> > Obama publicity disaster.
>> >
>> Well, maybe I was wrong: maybe this IS "Obama's Newest Scandal"
>> after all.
>> :/

>Why do you losers behave as if the POTUS is the government,

Obama has the Constitutional authority to change the executive
branch, he chooses not too. On that premise, his ridicule is
founded. His 'weak minded' 'mostly corrupt' lower levels are yours
for the taking.

>Regards,

>Uncle Steve

Uncle Steve

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:05:53AM -0400, betweentheeyes wrote:
> "Uncle Steve" wrote in message
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00:40PM -0500, Johnny Johnson wrote:
> > In article
> > <18c575be68868d9e652e484cfdd89aa4@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>,
> > Chris Anders <canders@dont-email.me>says...
> > >
> > > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
> > >
> > > Obama's sons just keep killing and killing and killing.
> > >
> > > Oh well, they were Navy pukes. Navy pukes are all in the bag for
> > > Obama anyway. We don't give a damn if they get waxed.
> > >
> > > The shooter was an insane black veteran with well documented
> > > mental issues.
> > >
> > > He was given a pass everywhere because of his color.

> >> Well, maybe I was wrong: maybe this IS "Obama's Newest Scandal"
> >> after all.
> >> :/
>
> >Why do you losers behave as if the POTUS is the government,
>
> Obama has the Constitutional authority to change the executive
> branch, he chooses not too. On that premise, his ridicule is
> founded. His 'weak minded' 'mostly corrupt' lower levels are yours
> for the taking.

As a practical matter, the POTUS is restricted by the information made
available to him by his advisors. As to weak-minded, I'll allow you
to decide whether it is reasonable to assume that the US intelligence
community discloses everything they should to the U.S. Senate Select
Committee on Intelligence, FISA court, or even executive management of
the respective agencies themselves.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
"The Bird is cruel."

Scout

"Uncle Steve" <stevet810@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:05:53AM -0400, betweentheeyes wrote:
>> "Uncle Steve" wrote in message
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:00:40PM -0500, Johnny Johnson wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <18c575be68868d9e652e484cfdd89aa4@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>,
>> > Chris Anders <canders@dont-email.me>says...

>> >Why do you losers behave as if the POTUS is the government,
>>
>> Obama has the Constitutional authority to change the executive
>> branch, he chooses not too. On that premise, his ridicule is
>> founded. His 'weak minded' 'mostly corrupt' lower levels are yours
>> for the taking.
>
> As a practical matter, the POTUS is restricted by the information made
> available to him by his advisors.

Wrong, he can request and require any information he desires, and he is
fully responsible for the conduct of his advisers. After all HE PICKED THEM.
If they are of the nature to hide things from him, then it's STILL his
responsibility.

> As to weak-minded, I'll allow you
> to decide whether it is reasonable to assume that the US intelligence
> community discloses everything they should to the U.S. Senate Select
> Committee on Intelligence, FISA court, or even executive management of
> the respective agencies themselves.

Then clearly they are failing to exercise proper oversight and/or to bury
the people who fail to be open and forthright concerning their activities.

If these organizations are getting away with stuff, it's because they are
allowed to do so.