gem question

Robert H

12/22/2005 3:06:00 PM

I installed Ruby and I did a "gem update" to see what is newer to
install. I get about 20 different versions of fxruby. One type says
"mswin32" and the other says "ruby".

Which do I choose?

Robert

2 Answers

Joel VanderWerf

Robert Hicks wrote:
> I installed Ruby and I did a "gem update" to see what is newer to
> install. I get about 20 different versions of fxruby. One type says
> "mswin32" and the other says "ruby".
>
> Which do I choose?
>
> Robert

Choose "ruby" if you want to compile for your system. Choose "mswin32"
if you are on windows and don't want to compile--binaries are included
in the gem.

Robert H

Thanks!

Robert