Re: Nitro Screencasts

jgbailey

12/21/2005 5:19:00 PM

Impressive! I've looked at Nitro before but did not get the sense it
was capable of the things demonstrated.

Towards the end of the first video you show some sort of "form_helper"
being included, but it doesn't seem to actually work. You might want to
complete and/or remove that portion. I was certainly intrigued.

In the second video the "Nitro::Element" stuff looked really cool. That
definitely made me want to check out what you've done!

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> while fixing the final issues for the 0.26.0 release I took some time
> to experiment with
> vnc2swf to create some screen casts for Nitro / Og. Nitro is a
> sophisticated Web2.0 framework that utilizes Ruby and Javascript and
> Og is an innovative, transparent and efficient ORM library.
>
> You can find the first two screen casts here:
>
> http://www.n.../v...
>
> These two videos are experimental and certainly don't demonstrate the
> full power of Nitro and
> Og (far from it). But I hope you will like them anyway ;-) Stay tuned
> for more impressive screen casts real soon!
>
> For more information on Nitro/Og surf www.nitrohq.com or install the gem:
>
> gem install nitro
>

> best regards,
> George.
>

> --
> http://www...
> http://ww...
> http://www.n...

1 Answer

George Moschovitis

> Towards the end of the first video you show some sort of "form_helper"
> being included, but it doesn't seem to actually work. You might want to
> complete and/or remove that portion. I was certainly intrigued.

Of course it works. Moreover, the underlying scaffolder handles
relations (has_many, many_to_many, etc) along with properties,
supports pluggable controls, searching, and more...

regards,
George.

--
http://www...