Re: Bruce Eckel and Ruby

Christian Neukirchen

12/21/2005 3:18:00 PM

gabriele renzi <surrender_it@-remove-yahoo.it> writes:

> Nikolai Weibull ha scritto:
>> Hal Fulton wrote:
>>
>>>Most (human) languages are written left to right. Are Arabic and
>>>Hebrew "wrong" because they aren't?
>> Yes?
>> nikolai (who wants to debate the merits of top-to-bottom
>> writing
>> as well)
>
> actually, I still think bustrofedic, or whatever it is spelled in
> english, still is the best writing system ever. Start top left then go
> right, one line down then go left and so on

I don't think the idea is as clever as you think, for example, how can
dnA( ?asrev-eciv ro thgir-ot-tfel morf daer ot deen uoy fi tceted uoy
how will the computer?) Actually, I can't see of a good reason to do
.yllaunam etirw uoy fi ssel dnah ruoy gnivom naht rehto ti

More information at:
lmth.nodehportsuob/B/lmth/nograj/rse~/gro.btac.www//:ptth
--
Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@gmail.com> http://chneuk...

4 Answers

Hugh Sasse

Chad Perrin

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:18:20AM +0900, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> gabriele renzi <surrender_it@-remove-yahoo.it> writes:
>
> > Nikolai Weibull ha scritto:
> >
> > actually, I still think bustrofedic, or whatever it is spelled in
> > english, still is the best writing system ever. Start top left then go
> > right, one line down then go left and so on
>
> I don't think the idea is as clever as you think, for example, how can
> dnA( ?asrev-eciv ro thgir-ot-tfel morf daer ot deen uoy fi tceted uoy
> how will the computer?) Actually, I can't see of a good reason to do
> .yllaunam etirw uoy fi ssel dnah ruoy gnivom naht rehto ti

. . and how useless is that, when pretty much all my "writing" is done
with a keyboard anyway?

--
Chad Perrin [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.ap... ]

Nikolai Weibull

Chad Perrin wrote:

> > > Nikolai Weibull ha scritto:

[stuff that I haven’t written, and really doesn’t relate to what I
wrote in the first place]

Why is my name still in this?

nikolai

--
Nikolai Weibull: now available free of charge at http:/...!

Chad Perrin

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 06:36:06AM +0900, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> [stuff that I haven’t written, and really doesn’t relate to what I
> wrote in the first place]
>
> Why is my name still in this?
>
> nikolai

I hit "dd" one time too few, and an extra line was left in the email by
accident. If you pay attention to the indention of name-cites, you may
notice that the way my previous email was structured essentially
attributes no words to you at all. There are three previous email
authors cited, and two pieces of quoted text.

--
Chad Perrin [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.ap... ]