ruby videos

olczyk

12/21/2005 2:19:00 PM

Aside from the Rails demo, are there any ruby videos online?

Thanks

15 Answers

James Gray

On Dec 21, 2005, at 8:22 AM, olczyk wrote:

> Aside from the Rails demo, are there any ruby videos online?

Some Nitro/Og videos now, but I'm not aware of any generic Ruby videos.

I would like to see these too. They would make a nice addition to
the language home page.

James Edward Gray II

George Moschovitis

> Some Nitro/Og videos now, but I'm not aware of any generic Ruby videos.

http://www.n.../v...

more to follow...

> I would like to see these too. They would make a nice addition to
> the language home page.

btw, what happened to the ruby hompega redesign effort?

regards,
George.

--
http://www...
http://ww...

Dan Diebolt

>I would like to see these too.

what screencast software is available for making these?

http://mail...

James Gray

On Dec 21, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Dan Diebolt wrote:

>> I would like to see these too.
>
> what screencast software is available for making these?

I use Snapz Pro X, on Mac OS X.

James Edward Gray II

Andreas S.

James Gray wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Dan Diebolt wrote:
>
>>> I would like to see these too.
>>
>> what screencast software is available for making these?
>
> I use Snapz Pro X, on Mac OS X.

vnc2swf seems to produce much smaller files.

james_b

Dan Diebolt wrote:
>>I would like to see these too.
>

> what screencast software is available for making these?

I've used Microsoft's Media Encoder. Free, good results, easy to use.

James

--

http://www.ru... - Ruby Help & Documentation
http://www.artima.c... - Ruby Code & Style: Writers wanted

pat eyler

On 12/21/05, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2005, at 8:22 AM, olczyk wrote:
>
> > Aside from the Rails demo, are there any ruby videos online?
>
> Some Nitro/Og videos now, but I'm not aware of any generic Ruby videos.

I've started playing with screencasts, and have put a short video up
at http://www.red-bean.com/~pate/rwb/simpl... (the server seems
to be down at the moment, but check back in a bit)

While it shows a bit about RWB, it's more a rehearsal for some test first
screencasts I'm planning on doing.

> I would like to see these too. They would make a nice addition to
> the language home page.

+1

--
thanks,
-pate

Dan Diebolt

Here is a bunch of screencast packages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

This might be of use with the robot simulation. If you change the timer TkTimer interval from 20 to say 100 you can study the simulation in greater details:

def init_simulation
#you can slow down the simulation 5x by chaning 20 to 100ms
@robots, @bullets, @explosions = {}, {}, {}
TkTimer.new(100, -1, Proc.new{
begin
draw_frame
rescue => err
puts err.class, err, err.backtrace
raise
end
}).start
end

Capturing the window will allow you to play it back and study whats going on.

http://mail...

Michael 'entropie' Trommer

Hoi

> > I use Snapz Pro X, on Mac OS X.
>
> vnc2swf seems to produce much smaller files.

its a fact..

So long
--
Michael 'entropie' Trommer; http:/...

ruby -e "0.upto((a='njduspAhnbjm/dpn').size-1){|x| a[x]-=1}; p 'mailto:'+a"

Bil Kleb

olczyk wrote:
> Aside from the Rails demo, are there any ruby videos online?

I have a feeling I don't fully understand your question
based on other responses, but Ezra has my lame RubyConf05
vids online at:

http://brainspl.at/articles/2005/12/01/rubyconf-files-r...

There are also some Euroko vids online, e.g.,

http://futurometer.com/320x...

Regards,
--
Bil
http://fun3d.lar...

P.S. I am still working on re-resurrecting the video
of Ryan Davis' talk from RubyConf05 -- long story.