Re: Port Knocking

Paul Duncan

12/21/2005 1:52:00 PM

* sven.schott@gmail.com (sven.schott@gmail.com) wrote:
> Has anyone seen (or written) any port knocking implementations in Ruby?
> I couldn't see any in the RAA or RubyForge (unless it's under a name I
> missed). Is there any interest for this sort of thing?

Probably. I've been using Ruby more and more frequently in place of
Perl for system administration tasks, and every little google hit helps.

You might also be interested in the recent Ars Technica article about
monitoring packets with libpcap and Ruby:

http://arstechnica.com/articles/columns/linux/linux-20...

> I wrote a
> mini-script to do it with ICMP but I'm not a programmer and it most
> likely bites.

All I know is your debugging output is great!

When it's finished will it say "Chevron 7 locked" or "Chevron 7
engaged", or both? :D

--
Paul Duncan <pabs@pablotron.org> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pabl... OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562