Re: Bruce Eckel wouldn't know why to switch from Python to Ruby

gabriele renzi

12/21/2005 12:10:00 PM

Devin Mullins ha scritto:
>Everything is object.method
> syntax (or, even cooler, delegated to a method, like the for...in syntax).

just to say for..in is delegated to a method in python too, and they
even delegate "if obj" to a method call :)
1 Answer

Daniel Schierbeck

gabriele renzi wrote:
> Devin Mullins ha scritto:
>> Everything is object.method syntax (or, even cooler, delegated to a
>> method, like the for...in syntax).
>
> just to say for..in is delegated to a method in python too, and they
> even delegate "if obj" to a method call :)

That's so cool. We need that. Now. Generally, though, I think Python's
__underscore__ convention is pretty annoying, though I can see why you
wouldn't want to add predefined semantics to general words like "new",
"get", etc.

Cheers,
Daniel