Re: Merging two Word documents with Ruby?

Edwin van Leeuwen

12/21/2005 9:43:00 AM

Denver Mike wrote:
> My only thought would be to use the new XML format -- maybe I can find a
> way to merge two documents with those files.

The only way I see is to use openoffice. There must be a script
somewhere to run openoffice in batch convert mode. That way you can
convert the doc format to odf. ODF is xml based, so should be mergeable.
The xml based format of microsoft is not used yet. The first office
version that will support that is office 12 and not released yet