Re: Forthcoming 2nd ed. of _The Ruby Way_

Peña, Botp

12/16/2005 2:01:00 AM

Patrick Hurley [mailto:phurley@gmail.com] wrote:

#* Variable Scope
#* Regular Expressions
#* Unit Testing
#* Module
#* Class
#* Metaprogramming
#* Domain Specific Languages
#* Continuations
#* Threads and Processes
#* Extensions
#* Embedding Ruby

how about a pocket-size book on each of those, sort of like a TRW-pocket-series.

Mastering RegEx TRW
Mastering Unit Testing TRW
Mastering Metaprogramming TRW
Thinking like Guy Decoux TRW (w a detailed compilation of Guy's postings :))

(the last one definitely i'd buy as long as Guy signs it :)

the advantage of this is that we can quickly produce more books in ruby

my big ruby books usuall sit on my shelf, but the pocket books always go wherever i go :)

just a thought on why small is beautiful or less is more ;-)

#pth