adding any to a rexml doc (bump

Ara.T.Howard

Patrick Gundlach

> is there know way to do this
>
> require "rexml/document"
>
> include REXML
>
> Text::new " i < know & what i'm doing "
>
> it seems not...

I am not sure, what you want to do, but perhaps

Text.unnormalize(" i < know & what i'm doing ") is the answer?

REXML won't let this into the element hierarchy, afaik.

Patrick

Ara.T.Howard

ES

On 2005.12.16 03:57, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> is there know way to do this
>
> require "rexml/document"
>
> include REXML
>
> Text::new " i < know & what i'm doing "
>
> it seems not...

Perhaps it is time to try Builder or htree? :)

> -a

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Dec 15, 2005, at 5:47 PM, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> is there know way to do this
>>>
>>> require "rexml/document"
>>>
>>> include REXML
>>>
>>> Text::new " i < know & what i'm doing "
>>>
>>> it seems not...
>>
>> I am not sure, what you want to do, but perhaps
>>
>> Text.unnormalize(" i < know & what i'm doing ") is the answer?
>>
>> REXML won't let this into the element hierarchy, afaik.
>
> it will - you just have to trick it:
>
> element.text =
> ::REXML::Text::new(
> string_we_want_untouched,
> respect_whitespace=true,
> parent=nil,
> raw=true,
> entity_filter=nil,
> illegal=%r/.^/m # match nothing!
> )
>
> sean, if you're reading this a feature in the api to allow this
> would be great.
>
> cheers.
>
> -a

Ahh thats what the non matching regex was for...

Cheers-

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
ezra@yakima-herald.com
509-577-7732

Ara.T.Howard

Ara.T.Howard

ES

On 2005.12.16 14:38, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Eero Saynatkari wrote:
>
> > On 2005.12.16 03:57, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> >>

> >> is there know way to do this
> >>
> >> require "rexml/document"
> >>
> >> include REXML
> >>
> >> Text::new " i < know & what i'm doing "
> >>
> >> it seems not...
> >
> > Perhaps it is time to try Builder or htree? :)
>
> i can't stand the builder api. htree is good - but i'm not looking for a
> template engine - does it provide hooks to generate html without using
> templates. the code i'm working on attm can do things like this:
>
> [ahoward@localhost xx-0.0.0]$ cat a.rb
> require "xx"
> class Table < ::Array
> include XX::XHTML
>
> def to_xhtml
> xhtml__{
>
> html__{
> head__{ title__{ "table demo" } }
>
> h1__(:style => :sweet){ "this is a table " }
>
> h__{ "<malformed html & open tags" }
>
> table__(:width => 42, :height => 42){
> each{|row| tr__{ row.each{|cell| td__ cell } } }
> }
> }
>
> }.pretty
>
> puts Table[ %w( 0 1 2 ), %w( a b c ) ].to_xhtml
>

> [ahoward@localhost xx-0.0.0]$ ruby -I./lib a.rb
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd...
> <head>
> <title>table demo</title>
> </head>
> <h1 style='sweet'>this is a table </h1><malformed html & open tags<table height='42' width='42'>
>

> coming soon to a store near you ;-)

Very nice! (Well, sans underscores:)

Will you make libxml2[1] an alternative backend? It is quite
a bit faster, which may or may not be important to people.

> regards.
>
> -a

[1] http://xml-tools.rub...

Ara.T.Howard