Is ruby dbi still in development?

cap

12/15/2005 3:03:00 AM

The lastest version of ruby's dbi is build at 2003-09-07, 2 years ago
And the las version of the perl 's is build at 2005-11-29....

So when can we a newer version of ruby's dbi ?
The 0.0.21 is out of date and lack of many important features

2 Answers

khaines

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 8:07 pm, cap wrote:
> The lastest version of ruby's dbi is build at 2003-09-07, 2 years ago
> And the las version of the perl 's is build at 2005-11-29....
>
> So when can we a newer version of ruby's dbi ?
> The 0.0.21 is out of date and lack of many important features

Yes. There is now a team consisting of myself, Daniel Berger, Francis Hwang,
and Patrick May on the DBI project. We are in the process of updating the
source code repository for DBI on Rubyforge with the latest source so that we
can continue development on DBI.

Thanks,

Kirk Haines

Francis Hwang

As Kirk said, we're moving forward ... but slowly. These sorts of
projects, unfortunately, don't always attract that much attention since
they're difficult and unglamorous. Everyone involved has lots of other
projects to maintain, which is often the way.

Anyway, which "important features" are important to you? It'd be
helpful to us to know more about people's expectations of what ruby dbi
should do.