Ruby on Rails mailing list?

Chris Irish

12/8/2005 10:07:00 PM

Could someone tell me if rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
<mailto:rails@lists.rubyonrails.org> is the "main" list for rails? Or
if there is another one?

Thanks,
Chris
11 Answers

Jeff Wood

I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
rubyonrails.org website...

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang...

Jeff Wood

Chris Irish

Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone knew of
any anothers

Jeff Wood wrote:

>I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
>rubyonrails.org website...
>
>j.
>
>On 12/8/05, Chris Irish <chris.irish@libertydistribution.com> wrote:
>

>>Could someone tell me if rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
>><mailto:rails@lists.rubyonrails.org> is the "main" list for rails? Or
>>if there is another one?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Chris
>>

>--
>"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang...
>
>Jeff Wood

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Chris Irish wrote:

> Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
> knew of any anothers
>
> Jeff Wood wrote:
>
>> I would expect that all of that information is available to you
>> from the
>> rubyonrails.org website...
>>
>> j.
>>
>> On 12/8/05, Chris Irish <chris.irish@libertydistribution.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Could someone tell me if rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
>>> <mailto:rails@lists.rubyonrails.org> is the "main" list for
>>> rails? Or
>>> if there is another one?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris

No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.

Cheers-

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakima...
509-577-7732
ezra@yakima-herald.com

[1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay...
[2]. http://www.ruby-...

Chris Irish

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Chris Irish wrote:
>
>> Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
>> knew of any anothers
>>
>> Jeff Wood wrote:
>>
>>> I would expect that all of that information is available to you
>>> from the
>>> rubyonrails.org website...
>>>
>>> j.

> No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
> forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
> there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
> mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
> mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.
>
> Cheers-
>
> -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
> Yakima Herald-Republic
> WebMaster
> http://yakima...
> 509-577-7732
> ezra@yakima-herald.com
>
> [1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay...
> [2]. http://www.ruby-...

Thanks for the info :)

Michael Shigorin

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 07:20:26AM +0900, Chris Irish wrote:
> Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if
> anyone knew of any anothers

But why would people need them?

I know of the only reasonable (heh) reason to split mailing
lists: heavy traffic which can be clearly further categorized
(e.g. there's unstable users' discussion going strong, or some
particular technology emerges and corresponding threads maintain
noticeable traffic by themselves).

Then forking specialized discussions into separate lists might
help if done properly.

--
---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>
------ Linux.Kiev http://www.linu...

First. Post

On 22 Dec 2011 16:39:41 GMT, Bert <bert@iphouse.com> wrote:

>In news:d0s4f7to8tkgrfg2o84attr7rkensm182q@4ax.com MattB
><trdell1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Despite overwhelming Republican support in the U.S. Senate for a
>> compromise that would allow the payroll tax cut to be extended for two
>> months,
>
>If this tax cut was so absolutely vital to the future health of the US
>economy, why was it made temporary in the first place?
>
>And, if it's extended, how are Social Security and Medicare going to be
>funded?
>
>They were already extremely underfunded even before this tax cut.

When Bush implemented his tax cut all we ever heard from the left was
how it was goig to bankrupt eberything including SSI.
Now that Obama wants to keep the payroll tax cut in place solely for
political reasons the left wing sycophants don't give a rats ass about
SSI.
Just liberals being liberals.(that's code for HYPOCRITES)

Phlip

On Dec 22, 9:42 am, First. Post <OccupiersDumberThanD...@invalid.net>
wrote:

> When Bush implemented his tax cut all we ever heard from the left was
> how it was goig to bankrupt eberything including SSI.

Tax cuts for the rich do that.

> Now that Obama wants to keep the payroll tax cut in place solely for
> political reasons the left wing sycophants don't give a rats ass about
> SSI.

Tax cuts for poor people stimulate the economy.

Duh.

Larry Hewitt

On 12/22/2011 12:42 PM, First. Post wrote:
> On 22 Dec 2011 16:39:41 GMT, Bert<bert@iphouse.com> wrote:
>
>> In news:d0s4f7to8tkgrfg2o84attr7rkensm182q@4ax.com MattB
>> <trdell1234@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Despite overwhelming Republican support in the U.S. Senate for a
>>> compromise that would allow the payroll tax cut to be extended for two
>>> months,
>>
>> If this tax cut was so absolutely vital to the future health of the US
>> economy, why was it made temporary in the first place?
>>
>> And, if it's extended, how are Social Security and Medicare going to be
>> funded?
>>
>> They were already extremely underfunded even before this tax cut.
>
> When Bush implemented his tax cut all we ever heard from the left was
> how it was goig to bankrupt eberything including SSI.
> Now that Obama wants to keep the payroll tax cut in place solely for
> political reasons the left wing sycophants don't give a rats ass about
> SSI.
> Just liberals being liberals.(that's code for HYPOCRITES)

The Bush tax cut was passed with a promise that it would pay for itself
and would increase economic activity, hiring, and overall wages.

It did note of the above,

The payroll tax cut is paid for on passage, and is advertised as helping
middle class taxpayers. It doers.

Larry

Yoorghis

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:42:02 -0600, First. Post
<OccupiersDumberThanDirt@invalid.net> wrote:

>When Bush implemented his tax cut all we ever heard from the left was
>how it was goig to bankrupt eberything including SSI.

85% of the national debt is proof, NoPutty

>Now that Obama wants to keep the payroll tax cut in place solely for
>political reasons the left wing sycophants don't give a rats ass about
>SSI.

Obama includes the raising of revenue on Millionaires, NoPutty.

The 160,000.000 who get reduced payroll tax spend it

Billions spent, circulated into an economy is a good thing NoPutty

Yer idiots caused a massive economic failure, added 3/4ths (+) to the
national debt and shoveling more and more money to those who already
own 70% of all wealth ain't doing shit for America

IDIOT

Slackjaw

On Dec 22, 4:34 pm, Larry Hewitt <larryh...@comporium.net> wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 12:42 PM, First. Post wrote:
>

> > On 22 Dec 2011 16:39:41 GMT, Bert<b...@iphouse.com>  wrote:

> >> If this tax cut was so absolutely vital to the future health of the US
> >> economy, why was it made temporary in the first place?
>
> >> And, if it's extended, how are Social Security and Medicare going to be
> >> funded?
>
> >> They were already extremely underfunded even before this tax cut.
>
> > When Bush implemented his tax cut all we ever heard from the left was
> > how it was goig to bankrupt eberything including SSI.
> > Now that Obama wants to keep the payroll tax cut in place solely for
> > political reasons the left wing sycophants don't give a rats ass about
> > SSI.
> > Just liberals being liberals.(that's code for HYPOCRITES)
>
> The Bush tax cut was passed with a promise that it would pay for itself
> and would increase economic activity, hiring, and overall wages.
>
> It did

Not everyone realizes that, however. Clueless lib still contend Bush
"caused" the recession of 2008.

> note of the above,

Yes?