[ANN] Rails RC5 (0.14.4): Next stop one-oh (really, this time!

David Heinemeier Hansson

12/8/2005 5:36:00 PM

It's been a month since we promised that RC4 would be the final
countdown. And counting down we have. We've fixed a ton of major,
minor, and aesthetic issues and now have a package that we would be
very proud to call 1.0. No, it's not completely spotless. A project of
this size with thousands of programmers using it for every application
type under the moon will never be. But it's Pretty Damn Good.

So here it goes: Release candidate 5. This is the final, short pitstop
before 1.0 materializes next week. Thus, you're more than well advised
to upgrade and make sure we didn't leave anything heinous in there.
This is the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part of the
ceremony.

If you already upgraded to 0.14.x, going to RC5 is completely
effortless. Simply call upon the gems to do your bidding with: gem
install rails --include-dependencies. And you'll be serving up your
application with all the bugs squashed. On top of that, we've thrown
in a new adapter for the Firebird database and added a beautiful new
index.html that'll greet you on new applications.

So upgrade, dammit! Now. And stand by as we finish setting up the
fireworks planned for next week's release of the long-awaited 1.0.
It's magical times, my friends, and the spellcasting is just getting
started.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson
http://www.loudth... -- Broadcasting Brain

1 Answer

abdul rahman

having some problems here, I did the following...

rails MyAppli
cd MyAppli
script/generate scaffold MyModel MyController

get a error... Access denied for user: '@localhost' (Using password:
NO)

(root@localhost can xs database but somehow the user is empty, same
error with edgerails...)

(the same thing works when I do it on 0.14.3)