...rubygems... in require: no such file to load

Wybo Dekker

Jim Weirich

wybo wrote:
> I have a script requiring rubygems, rio, and more, plus a module in a
> non-standard directory. It works fine on my machine, but not on the
> machine of a friend.

[...]
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:26:in `require': No
> such file
> to load -- testme (LoadError)
> from ./testme:8
>
> What's wrong? Something with the rubygems installation?

(1) Double check that testme is truely installed in the
/home/rrt/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8.

(2) Make sure the file can be loaded correctly.

Try soemthing like this to see if it sheds any light:

load '/home/rrt/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/testme.rb'

-- Jim Weirich

Wybo Dekker

Wexford

On Oct 30, 7:19 pm, pyjamarama <pyjamaram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 6:40 pm, Yoorg...@Jurgis.net wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:37:23 -0700 (PDT), Phil <clayno...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >And we have had a return to the crazy beliefs under Obama, the
> > >Clintons and the Democrat Party.
>
> > Sorry for you---but the fundamental principles of the Republican party
> > were shifted to FORMER Democratic foundations after the 1964 Civil
> > rights act was sponsored by, and supported by-----PROGESSIVES AND
> > LIBERALS in both parties.
>
> > The OLD conservative dixiecrats became the CORE republican leadership
>
> So do tell us which of the 139 "OLD conservative dixiecrats" who voted
> AGAINST and even FILIBUSTERED the Civil Rights Act of 1964 "became"
> republicans, you stupid cocksucker...
>
> Byrd? Gore? Ervin? anybody other than Thurmond?
>
> Hmmm???
>
> Looks like once again your cherished core "theory" has been blown to
> shit ROSIELOON....
>
> Feel stupid?
>
> You oughta...
>
> <SPANK>

Name a Southern State that isn't solidly Republican. After the Civil
Rights Act had passed, Republicans saw their opportunity to move into
the South and, led by Nixon and others, formulated a "Southern
Strategy" that included abandoning the Republican principles that had
gotten the Civil Rights Act passed in the first place and began
pandering to Southern prejudices, frustrations and cultural
pretensions, usually under the cover of States Rights and some
strained interpretation of Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. Roe v
Wade was a godsend to them, because they could line up on the side of
the Baptists and other fundies and claim a mission from God. It took
over 20 years, but they finally got what they wanted, a Southern
Republican South.

pyjamarama

On Oct 30, 9:37 pm, WR <wrya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 7:19 pm, pyjamarama <pyjamaram...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 30, 6:40 pm, Yoorg...@Jurgis.net wrote:

> > > Sorry for you---but the fundamental principles of the Republican party
> > > were shifted to FORMER Democratic foundations after the 1964 Civil
> > > rights act was sponsored by, and supported by-----PROGESSIVES AND
> > > LIBERALS in both parties.
>
> > > The OLD conservative dixiecrats became the CORE republican leadership
>
> > So do tell us which of the 139 "OLD conservative dixiecrats" who voted
> > AGAINST and even FILIBUSTERED the Civil Rights Act of 1964 "became"
> > republicans, you stupid cocksucker...
>
> > Byrd? Gore? Ervin? anybody other than Thurmond?
>
> > Hmmm???
>
> > Looks like once again your cherished core "theory" has been blown to
> > shit ROSIELOON....
>
> > Feel stupid?
>
> > You oughta...
>
> > <SPANK>
>
> Name a Southern State that isn't solidly Republican. After the Civil
> Rights Act had passed, Republicans saw their opportunity to move into
> the South and, led by Nixon and others, formulated a "Southern
> Strategy" that included abandoning the Republican principles that had
> gotten the Civil Rights Act passed in the first place and began
> pandering to Southern prejudices, frustrations and cultural
> pretensions, usually under the cover of States Rights and some
> strained interpretation of Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. Roe v
> Wade was a godsend to them, because they could line up on the side of
> the Baptists and other fundies and claim a mission from God. It took
> over 20 years, but they finally got what they wanted, a Southern
> Republican South.- Hide quoted text -

The south didn't go solidly republican until 1994 -- and then almost
wholly for economic issues...

Or are you forgetting that George Wallace was elected Gov. of Alabama
in 1974? Or that liberal Dem Jimmy Carter swept the south in 1976?
Ditto for Clinton in 1992 and 1996?

Check the voting patterns, spanky -- you'll find that the south was
solidly Democratic at every level -- state, local, gubernatorial and
nationally, until WELL into the 90's....

And you STILL can't name any of the anti-CRA congressional Dems, other
than Thurmond, that switched parties, can you?

The always reliably fuckwitted Roselles has had a decade to do so and
he's done nothing but FAIL...

Can you do better?

I'm betting you can't.