Re: [QUIZ] Weird Numbers (#57

Dan Diebolt

12/8/2005 10:20:00 AM

I found this program msieve.exe that does Quadratic Seive Factoring of arbitrary integers and I wonder if there is time enough to put together a brute force solution to the Weird Number quiz before the summary comes out The basic idea would be to find the prime factors of successive integers using the output msieve.exe and testing for abundance and weirdness based on these factors. Is there any rule on the Quiz the prevents helper codes from being used? The Quadratic Seive is the fastest algorithm known for factoring integers with less than 110 digits. In the search for Weird Numbers the speed of the Quadratic Seive factoring of sufficiently large numbers will probably overcome the repeated system calls and text parsing of the output.

Here is the Ruby code that will factor 2_138_723_987 in the blink of an eye into a 2 two digit (p2 token) and a seven digit (prp7 token) factors:

irb(main):010:0> puts `msieve -q 2138723987`
2138723987
p2: 29
p2: 37
prp7: 1993219
=> nil

check: 2_138_723_987 = 29 * 37 * 1_993_219

Here is the program:

http://www.boo.net/~jaso...

and here is a summary of the theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadr...

Here are the switches for controlling msieve:

msieve -h displays command options:

C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER\DESKTOP>msieve -h
Msieve v. 1.03
usage: MSIEVE [options] [one_number]
-s <name> save intermediate results to <name>
instead of the default msieve.dat
-l <name> append log information to <name>
instead of the default msieve.log
-i <name> read one or more integers to factor from
<name> (default worktodo.ini) instead of
from the command line
-m manual mode: enter numbers via standard input
-q quiet: do not generate any log information,
only print any factors found
-d <min> deadline: if still sieving after <min>
minutes, shut down gracefully (default off)
-r <num> stop after finding <num> relations
-c client: only perform sieving
-v verbose: write log information to screen
as well as to logfile

Here is a list of 15 million prime numbers that might be helpful checking computations:

http://primes.utm.edu/lists/small...

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Shopping

James Gray

On Dec 8, 2005, at 4:19 AM, Dan Diebolt wrote:

> I found this program msieve.exe that does Quadratic Seive Factoring
> of arbitrary integers and I wonder if there is time enough to put
> together a brute force solution to the Weird Number quiz before the
> summary comes out.

No. ;) But don't let that discourage you from playing with the
idea. Summaries are about my schedule. Solutions are about yours.
They're only loosely related.

> Is there any rule on the Quiz the prevents helper codes from being
> used?

Not at all. We're not much of a rules bunch.

James Edward Gray II

Edward Faulkner

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:19:43PM +0900, Dan Diebolt wrote:
> I found this program msieve.exe that does Quadratic Seive Factoring
> of arbitrary integers and I wonder if there is time enough to put
> together a brute force solution to the Weird Number quiz before the
> summary comes out. The basic idea would be to find the prime factors
> of successive integers using the output msieve.exe and testing for
> abundance and weirdness based on these factors.

I'd be curious to see how it works out, but my guess is that it won't
speed things up much. My solution sieves for prime numbers too (using
the simpler Sieve of Eratosthenes), and that only takes a tiny
fraction of the running time. The computationally hard part is
proving non-semiperfect.

regards,
Ed

Buster Norris

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:28:14 GMT, Chom Noamsky <me@eatmoose.yum>
wrote:
>On 4/15/2010 1:22 PM, Patriot Games wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:47:11 GMT, Choad Noamsky<me@eatmoose.yum>
>> wrote:
>>> ... but not for this gang. They enter the owner's house without consent
>>> then threaten her when she gets in their faces about it. Warrant? We
>>> don't need no stinkin' warrant. Identification? We don't need no
>>> stinkin' identification. America is fucked and the Bush regime did this
>>> to you. Don't y'all feel more safe and secure in your own homes now?
>>> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=621_...
>> I feel very secure in my home, Canadian Faggot.
>> But that's none of your business, Canadian Faggot.
>> From: Chom Noamsky<me@eatmoose.yum>
>> 142.179.48.237 = Kamloops, Canada.
>Every time you post my location it's different... Victoria, Salmon Arm,
>Kamloops, Kelowna, etc.

Really? Let's find out:

From: "Chom Noamsky" <bark@dogg.comm>
From: "Chom Noamsky" <chom@tasybbqparty.comm>
From: Chom Noamsky <bark@grrrr.arf>
From: Chom Noamsky <bbq@beef.yumyumyum>
From: Chom Noamsky <dog@bark.grrrr>
From: Chom Noamsky <me@eatmoose.yum>
From: Patriot Games <Patriot@america.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:18:10 -0400

Nope, SAME IP address, INCLUDING at least one attempt at impersonating
me...

BUSTED!

And THEN we have:

From: "Chom Noamsky" <eat@chicken.commm>
142.179.53.43 = Kamloops, Canada.

Nope... SAME PLACE....

YOU LIED.

>It proves that you are incompetent at IP
>geolocation... which is the one and only skill you seem to have...
>ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I have a few other skills....

Such as:

Shall we find out where your IP is? Yes, let's do that:

Royal Inland Hospital,
311 Columbia St, Kamloops, V2C 2T1
BC, Canada
Ph: (250) 374-5111
Toll Free: 1-877-288-5688
Fax: (250) 314-2333

Did you know:

ONE IN FOUR PATIENTS WAIT OVER A YEAR FOR MEDICALLY NECESSARY SURGERY
AT ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
March 12, 2010
"Wait times bound to increase because of Interior Health Authority's
failure to prevent surgical tool contamination"
http://www.bcndp.ca/newsroom/one-four-patients-wait-over-year-%C2%A0-medically-necessary-surgery-royal-inlan...

I wonder if your vile anti-American posting on the Internet is hurting
medical care at the hospital?

I wonder if your employers know you're posting vile anti-American crap
on the Internet when you're supposed to be working?

They do now...

===< Update! >========================

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:16:20 GMT, Chom Noamsky <me@eatmoose.yum>
wrote:
>there is a
>little something called VPN (Virtual Private Networking), which means I
>could have an public IP from just about anywhere in the world.

Why do lying DemocRATs and Canadian Faggots immediately resort to
BLUFFING when you get caught?

No, Canadian Faggot, that is NOT how a VPN works.

You're too STUPID to figure it out but maybe somebody else might be
interested, this is a good intro:
http://computer.howstuffworks.c...

Note that in your Header BOTH your "NNTP-Posting-Host" and "X-Trace"
entries contain the SAME IP ADDRESS:

Note that your Path contains:

"edtnps82" is a Host for "telus.net" which means your IP
"142.179.48.237" was put in your Header BY THE SERVER that you
connected to...

No, you DO NOT HAVE a "public IP from just about anywhere in the
world."

You have an IP from the block designated for the Royal Inland
Hospital, Kamloops, BC, Canada.

Period. NO EXCEPTIONS.

While the hospital WHERE YOU WORK may have a VPN the server YOU
CONNECTED TO doesn't know that, it ONLY KNOWS WHERE YOU CONNECTED
FROM.

You connected from: the Royal Inland Hospital, Kamloops, BC, Canada.

You're FOUND.

===< Update! >========================

On Fri, 14 May 2010 03:31:46 GMT, Chom Noamsky <eat@elk.burgers>
wrote:
>On 5/13/2010 3:01 PM, Patriot Games wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 May 2010 11:32:45 -0400, "M I Wakefield"
>> <bedlam@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100513/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_birth_cer...
>> America to Canadian Faggots:
>> Shut the fuck up and mind your own business.
>What ya gonna do about it, print our IP addresses?
>Ahahahahahahahahahaah!!!!

Well, well, well...

Lookie who's NOT posting from WORK...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

From: Chom Noamsky <eat@elk.burgers>
Host: chachacha.qwertyious.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=50.6667++-120.3333&sll=36.341194,-79.629185&sspn=0.007761,0.015385&ie=UTF8&ll=50.676691,-120.325742&spn=0,0.03077&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=50.668735,-120.32565&panoid=KHvL_mT8il6kkkGhpu-vFQ&cbp=12,1...

http://tinyurl.c...

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

SaPeIsMa

"Chom Noamksy" <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote in message
> On 10/30/2010 1:29 PM, Travis wrote:
>> The military in Afghanistan and Iran being disenfranchised by not
>> getting Nov. 2 voting ballots on time, Black Panthers readying to
>> confront Tea Party members at polling stations, Democrat A.G. sending
>> federal police agents to assure illegal immigrants are able to vote, a
>> Black congressman again
>> urging Obama to establish his own internal army and police, etc., etc..
>>
>> If Obama were to attempt an armed coup, I don't think that he would have
>> the American military,
>> whom he despises, on his side. But he would have the far left Democrat
>> mob and all anarchists.
>>
>> http://www.michaelsavag...
>
> Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner. Political credentials include
> ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching sides>...
> what was he on about again?

Forget the message
Just attack the messenger
That takes no brains at all.

Chom Noamksy

On 10/31/2010 11:37 AM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
> "Chom Noamksy" <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote in message
>> On 10/30/2010 1:29 PM, Travis wrote:
>>> The military in Afghanistan and Iran being disenfranchised by not
>>> getting Nov. 2 voting ballots on time, Black Panthers readying to
>>> confront Tea Party members at polling stations, Democrat A.G. sending
>>> federal police agents to assure illegal immigrants are able to vote, a
>>> Black congressman again
>>> urging Obama to establish his own internal army and police, etc., etc..
>>>
>>> If Obama were to attempt an armed coup, I don't think that he would have
>>> the American military,
>>> whom he despises, on his side. But he would have the far left Democrat
>>> mob and all anarchists.
>>>
>>> http://www.michaelsavag...
>>
>> Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner. Political credentials
>> include ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching
>> sides>... what was he on about again?
>

> Forget the message
> Just attack the messenger
> That takes no brains at all.

Kind of like you just did.

> On 10/31/2010 11:37 AM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>> "Chom Noamksy" <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote in message

>>> Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner. Political credentials
>>> include ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching
>>> sides>... what was he on about again?
>>

>> Forget the message
>> Just attack the messenger
>> That takes no brains at all.
>
> Kind of like you just did.

Your message was the attack moron
I just commented on YOUR message

CanadaOrHarper?

"Chom Noamksy" <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote in message
> On 10/31/2010 11:37 AM, SaPeIsMa wrote:
>> "Chom Noamksy" <blahblah@blahblah.blah> wrote in message

>>> Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner. Political credentials
>>> include ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching
>>> sides>... what was he on about again?
>>

>> Forget the message
>> Just attack the messenger
>> That takes no brains at all.
>
> Kind of like you just did.

Siobhan Medeiros

On Oct 31, 11:37 am, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPeI...@HotMail.com> wrote:
> "Chom Noamksy" <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote in message

> > On 10/30/2010 1:29 PM, Travis wrote:
> >> The military in Afghanistan and Iran being disenfranchised by not
> >> getting Nov. 2 voting ballots on time, Black Panthers readying to
> >> confront Tea Party members at polling stations, Democrat A.G. sending
> >> federal police agents to assure illegal immigrants are able to vote, a
> >> Black congressman again
> >> urging Obama to establish his own internal army and police, etc., etc..
>
> >> If Obama were to attempt an armed coup, I don't think that he would have
> >> the American military,
> >> whom he despises, on his side. But he would have the far left Democrat
> >> mob and all anarchists.
>
> >>http://www.michaelsavag...
>
> > Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner.  Political credentials include
> > ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching sides>...
> > what was he on about again?
>
> Forget the message
>     Just attack the messenger
> That takes no brains at all.

No, attacking Savage's message takes no brains at all. I mean, you
really think Obama's preparing for a coup?

The PHANTOM

On Nov 2, 12:56 pm, Siobhan Medeiros <sbm2...@telus.net> wrote:
> On Oct 31, 11:37 am, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPeI...@HotMail.com> wrote:
>

> > "Chom Noamksy" <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote in message

> > > Michael Savagae, aka Michael Alan Weiner.  Political credentials include
> > > ethnic nutrition, ethnobotany and sociology... <oh my aching sides>...
> > > what was he on about again?
>
> > Forget the message
> >     Just attack the messenger
> > That takes no brains at all.
>
> No, attacking Savage's message takes no brains at all.  I mean, you
> really think Obama's preparing for a coup?- Hide quoted text -

Imam Obama would love nothing more than for these elections to get
violent,someone get killed so he could step in and enforce marshall
law.

Nobody

The PHANTOM wrote:

> On Nov 2, 12:56?pm, Siobhan Medeiros <sbm2...@telus.net> wrote:
>> On Oct 31, 11:37?am, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPeI...@HotMail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > "Chom Noamksy" <blahb...@blahblah.blah> wrote in message

>> > Forget the message
>> > ? ? Just attack the messenger
>> > That takes no brains at all.
>>
>> No, attacking Savage's message takes no brains at all. ?I mean,
>> you really think Obama's preparing for a coup?- Hide quoted text
>> -

> Imam Obama would love nothing more than for these elections to get
> violent,someone get killed so he could step in and enforce
> marshall law.

I wonder what's going to happen if the Democrats get their asses
kicked.