Re: [tk] Equivalent to Perl's Tk::Tiler?

Forrest Chang

12/7/2005 8:07:00 PM

Hi:

So I get the following error when running it (latest stable 1 click installer on windows xp)

ruby scrframe.rb
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:3630:in `grid_propagate': undefined method `propagete' for TkGrid:Module (NoMethodError)
from scrframe.rb:26:in `initialize_composite'
from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk/composite.rb:20:in `initialize'
from scrframe.rb:122:in `new'
from scrframe.rb:122

Thanks

Forrest
32 Answers

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Forrest Chang

Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp> writes:

> Oh, sorry. The method is available ruby-1.8.2 or later.
> Please replace
> @frame.grid_propagate(false)
> Tk.tk_call('grid', 'propagate', @frame.epath, false)
> Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)

Now it displays a window briefly and then segfaults, both on win XP and win 2K

---------------------
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1383: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Hidetoshi NAGAI

Forrest Chang

Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp> writes:

> When do you get SEGV? Before displaying Tk window?
Pretty much immediately after I see the tk window.

> Or at about 3 seconds after running the sample?
> Even if replace
> Tk.after(3000){TkText.new(f).pack(:expand=>true, :fill=>:both)}
> TkText.new(f).pack(:expand=>true, :fill=>:both)

If I replace with this, it seems stable as long as I don't change the horizontal sizing or scrolling, i.e. moving the horizontal scrollbar crashes, or sizing it in the horizontal direction causes a crash. Vertical scrolling and sizing doesn't crash it.

> , do you get SEGV?
> Can you try one of the later version (e.g. 1.8.3 or 1.8.4preview) ?
> --

I'm using the 1 click installer, I'm not really setup to compile on XP, but if I find time I can try.

Thanks for your help thus far though

Forrest

Rex the Reaper

On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <r...@wqpm.com> wrote:
> "2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

> > On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:57:35 -0600, Eddie Haskell wrote:
>
> >> "2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

> >> 8 years vs 3. Crawford and the Reagan Ranch vs Spain and Hawaii.
>
> > No, that was three years versus three years.  And in Bush's case, two of
> > the years following 9/11.  You remember 9/11, right?
>
> > Bush fetched up with well over a thousand days vacation in his eight
> > years.
>
> > Nice work if you can get it.
>
> That's because you call going to his home a vacation, while equating it with
> jetting off on multimillion dollar gala the world over like some kind of
> fucking Imelda Marcos, and If the Bush's were doing it you'd be committing a
> non-stop shit-fest along with the MSM over it.

Hawaii is Obama's home, sitcom boy. He was born and raised there. In
fact, it's more of his home than Dumbya's phony ranch ever was to him.

Vandar

Rex the Reaper wrote:

> On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <r...@wqpm.com> wrote:
>
>>"2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

>>>No, that was three years versus three years. And in Bush's case, two of
>>>the years following 9/11. You remember 9/11, right?
>>
>>>Bush fetched up with well over a thousand days vacation in his eight
>>>years.
>>
>>>Nice work if you can get it.
>>
>>That's because you call going to his home a vacation, while equating it with
>>jetting off on multimillion dollar gala the world over like some kind of
>>fucking Imelda Marcos, and If the Bush's were doing it you'd be committing a
>>non-stop shit-fest along with the MSM over it.
>>

> Hawaii is Obama's home, sitcom boy. He was born and raised there. In
> fact, it's more of his home than Dumbya's phony ranch ever was to him.

Hawaii is not his home. He rents when he goes there. His home is in
Chicago. Obama only claims Hawaii as his home so he can have more
luxurious vacations.

Rex the Reaper

On Dec 22, 6:24 am, Vandar <vanda...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hawaii is not his home. He rents when he goes there. His home is in
> Chicago. Obama only claims Hawaii as his home so he can have more
> luxurious vacations.

It's his birthstate and he spent his childhood there. The same cannot
be said for Dumbya and Texas, the home of his "ranch" until he sold it
at the end of his presidency.

Vandar

Rex the Reaper wrote:

> On Dec 22, 6:24 am, Vandar <vanda...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hawaii is not his home. He rents when he goes there. His home is in
>>Chicago. Obama only claims Hawaii as his home so he can have more
>>luxurious vacations.
>>

> It's his birthstate and he spent his childhood there. The same cannot
> be said for Dumbya and Texas, the home of his "ranch" until he sold it
> at the end of his presidency.

A few points. G.W. Bush's family moved to Texas when he was 2 and he has
lived there ever since. While he doesn't live in Crawford anymore, he
does still live in Texas. He was Governor of Texas and was elected to
the White House as a candidate from Texas.
When Bush went home, he went to his home in Texas.
Obama never owned a home in Hawaii, does not currently own a home there,
was in the Illinois state senate, served as a Senator from Illinois, and
was elected to the White House as a candidate from Chicago.
When Obama goes "home", he rents a room in Hawaii.

That aside. Is how Obama compares to who you probably consider the worst
POTUS ever really the benchmark you shoot for?

Eddie Haskell

"Rex the Reaper" <natjackm92us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <r...@wqpm.com> wrote:
> "2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

> > On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:57:35 -0600, Eddie Haskell wrote:
>
> >> "2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

> >> 8 years vs 3. Crawford and the Reagan Ranch vs Spain and Hawaii.
>
> > No, that was three years versus three years. And in Bush's case, two of
> > the years following 9/11. You remember 9/11, right?
>
> > Bush fetched up with well over a thousand days vacation in his eight
> > years.
>
> > Nice work if you can get it.
>
> That's because you call going to his home a vacation, while equating it
> with
> jetting off on multimillion dollar gala the world over like some kind of
> fucking Imelda Marcos, and If the Bush's were doing it you'd be committing
> non-stop shit-fest along with the MSM over it.
>

> Hawaii is Obama's home, sitcom boy. He was born and raised there. In
> fact, it's more of his home than Dumbya's phony ranch ever was to him.

No, he was BORN in Hawaii, but CHICAGO is his home, you drooling dick
breath.

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Rex the Reaper wrote:
>
>> On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Eddie Haskell" <r...@wqpm.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"2830 Dead" <d...@gone.com> wrote in message

>>>That's because you call going to his home a vacation, while equating it
>>>with
>>>jetting off on multimillion dollar gala the world over like some kind of
>>>fucking Imelda Marcos, and If the Bush's were doing it you'd be
>>>committing a
>>>non-stop shit-fest along with the MSM over it.
>>>

>> Hawaii is Obama's home, sitcom boy. He was born and raised there. In
>> fact, it's more of his home than Dumbya's phony ranch ever was to him.
>
> Hawaii is not his home. He rents when he goes there. His home is in
> Chicago. Obama only claims Hawaii as his home so he can have more
> luxurious vacations.

Yeah, and Mrs. Hussein's home is in Spain.

-Eddie Haskell