tutorials on accessing Java from Ruby?

Rich Morin

12/7/2005 7:51:00 PM

There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
use and/or extend by means of Ruby. Having no experience with
Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://ww... - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory

2 Answers

Ross Bamford

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:51:25 -0000, Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:

> There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
> use and/or extend by means of Ruby. Having no experience with
> Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
> Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?
>
> -r

I've not looked into it much myself yet, but take a look at:

http://jruby.source...

particularly:

http://jruby.source...docs/java-highlevel.shtml

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.remove.co.uk
"\e[1;31mL"

Frank Pittel

In alt.politics.usa.republican Mike-Swain@silent.com wrote:
: On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:50:31 -0500, Frank Pittel
: <fwp@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:

: >: Why would I have to "prove" what is now public record?
: >
: >: Do you live in some kind of sheltered turnip?
: >
: >: Even if all you ever watched is a sham news station
: >: like Faux Snooze-----even they've had the people on.
: >
: >If it's such widespread knowledge you shouldn't have any
: >problem finding credible proof.

: Because it's accepted historical and public fact----you
: should have been exposed to it and not evade the issue.

Where's the proof?
--