Re: ArachnoRuby -- a professional Ruby IDE

Wayne Vucenic

12/7/2005 7:20:00 PM

Hi Hank,

> Could you tell me how big was your program?

The Ruby program was only a few hundred lines, but it took a long while
to run because it was processing 5 million lines of text contained in
tens of thousands of files, and it was running on a 500MHz Pentium III.

> RDE can not handle it because the debug speed is too slow?

That's correct. It was getting an error after about an hour of running
(without the debugger). RDE's debugger is so slow that it probably
would have taken days to reach that point if I ran in the debugger.

Take care,

Wayne

---
Wayne Vucenic
No Bugs Software
"Ruby and C++ Agile Contract Programming in Silicon Valley"