microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

COM port information

Rob T

10/15/2008 10:31:00 PM

I have a simple routine that can retreive a list of com ports on my machine.
I would also like to get additional information about the ports..such as the
Device Description (which is found in the system's device manager). For
example: COM1 = Communications Port or COM 6 = USB Serial Port

Thanks.

For i As Integer = 0 To My.Computer.Ports.SerialPortNames.Count - 1
boxOutput.Text &= My.Computer.Ports.SerialPortNames(i) & vbCrLf
Next

1 Answer

Naked Gonad

Eli Grubman wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:59:30 +0000, Naked Gonad
> <bodron57@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Eli Grubman wrote:

>>> Gone, O'Rhea.
>>>
>> It's disappeared completly now.