microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

WCF Callback with Byte Array (C++/CLI

Milton Andrade

10/15/2008 4:02:00 PM

Hello all,

I have a WCF callback with the following interface member:

[OperationContract(IsOneWay = true)]
void newImage(IO::Stream ^image);

When debugging the method is called but image stream object length param is
not readable. Why ideas why?

At debug i get:
Length <error: an exception of type: System::NotSupportedException^
occurred> __int64

The canRead flag is set, all the others are not.

Kind regards
1 Answer

Milton Andrade

From what i've seen i can't have a Streamed WCF Callback (Duplex).
What i need is a "Subscribe" call made from the client to the WCF Host,
witch will send a Stream with an image.

Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this with this limitation? (Since
using callback is unavailable?)