Guramrit Singh

10/10/2008 1:37:00 PM

hello

i have a sql query which return 90 columns and more than 1000000 records.

when i try to load this query in datatable it gives outofmemory exception.

i have 2 gb ram and core2duo processor. i am using windows xp. (32 bit)

when the memory uses more than 2gb(1gb ram + 1gb virtual memory) it gives
this exception.

we have tried the same thing in vb 6.0 but it runs without any exception.
while it was loading the data it was using more than 2gb memory(1.3gb RAM
and 1.3GB virtual memory).

after loading the data it completly free the whole ram and shift all the
data in virtual memory.

now we want to know :

why vb 6.0 don't give memory exception when it uses more than 2gb memory.

can we load more than 4gb data in virtual memory from vb 6.0.

how can we move datatable completely in virtual memory in .net?

thanks in advance.
1 Answer

Mark Salsbery [MVP]

"Guramrit Singh" <guramrit@msn.com> wrote in message
> hello
>
> i have a sql query which return 90 columns and more than 1000000 records.

Why? Do you really need all that in memory at the same time? You can't
possibly need to present that all to a user at once...

Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++