microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Problems with ClientProxy

daniel.fabian

we are making a Solution, that will use WCF to communicate with our
SAP-PI ESB. Because of the Contracts with SAP, we need very precise
control over the messages that are being transferred over the net.
Hence, we implemented IXmlSerializable and XmlSchemaProvider on the
objects in question.

We want to expose a few additional functions inside our application,
to communicate internally, there we don't care about HOW data is
serialised, only that we'd like to have our types to go over the net.

So, we have a IServiceEsb and an IServiceAdmin. The IServiceEsb
exposes the manually serialised type; the IServiceAdmin exposes the
Dictionary<string, object>. Both Interfaces are implemented by a
Service-Class.

We now made two services, one of them only exposes IServiceEsb, the
other exposes both IServiceEsb and IServiceAdmin, but with a different
binding, that's only for internal use.

Basically, this stategy works exactly as we need it to, but we have
one very nasty thing about the way our Dictionary<string, object>
(from IServiceAdmin) is sent over the net. On the client side, it is
interpreted as
"ArrayOfKeyValueOfstringanyTypeKeyValueOfstringanyType[]".

How can we force VS to get it, that it is supposed to be
"Dictionary<string, object>"?

Thanks in advance