Reen

9/18/2008 7:04:00 PM

I am inputting data into a form that was created by an associate. Example:
Name (tab)street (tab) city(tab) etc. however it does not tab to the next
box. How can I change it to make it tab over? This person told me they
forgot this box and put it in at the end. I am in form design but can't
figure out how to correct it. Thank you.
1 Answer

Alex Clark

In design mode, on the View Menu you should have a "Tab Order" option. This
will let you visually set the tab order for your controls. Or you can
directly edit each control's Tab Index property.

Remember that labels have a tab index, even though they don't really receive
the focus. All they do is forward the focus on to the next control in the
tab order, so for instance if I had a label which said "Name:" and a textbox
beside it to allow the user to input the name, I'd want the label to be
TabIndex = 0 and the textbox to be TabIndex = 1.

Hope that helps,
Alex