microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Any way to test .NET Framework?

Brandon Taylor

9/6/2008 2:01:00 AM

Hi all,

I just tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 on my system
today, and I have a sneaky suspicion that something might have gone wrong
with the install, although my Add/Remove Programs list confirms that I do
have the Framework on my system. Is there any way for me to test the
Microsoft .NET Framework to make sure it is working correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon Taylor

3 Answers

Scott M.

What makes you think the installation is bad?

"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 on my system
> today, and I have a sneaky suspicion that something might have gone wrong
> with the install, although my Add/Remove Programs list confirms that I do
> have the Framework on my system. Is there any way for me to test the
> Microsoft .NET Framework to make sure it is working correctly?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Brandon Taylor

Cowboy

Download some samples and run it. That would be my first shot at figuring
out if something was bad.

As Scott asked ... what makes you think something is wrong?

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Greg...

or just read it:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gre...

| Think outside the box! |
"Brandon Taylor" <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to install Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 on my system
> today, and I have a sneaky suspicion that something might have gone wrong
> with the install, although my Add/Remove Programs list confirms that I do
> have the Framework on my system. Is there any way for me to test the
> Microsoft .NET Framework to make sure it is working correctly?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Brandon Taylor

Brandon Taylor

I was trying to install the .NET Framework, and it was getting along fine
until one critical point where the installation simply "died," i.e. no
further activity occurred. I eventually had to force the install to
terminate via Task Manager, and now I'm not sure if the .NET Framework will
work correctly. To test the Framework, where exactly can I find these
samples?

-- B.D.T.