CatchmeIfyouCan

9/5/2008 5:50:00 PM

Hello -

I have the following code in my vb.net app and when it runs, the memory
usage at the Windows Task Manager keeps increasing for the application and
stops after a while. I'm using some bitmaps and sound in the program.

How would I stop the size thing to increase! I went to these link already
but I cannot fix this issue.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.idispo...
http://www.java2s.com/Code/VB/Development/Forceagarbagec...

Protected Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal disposing As Boolean)
If disposing AndAlso components IsNot Nothing Then
components.Dispose()
GC.SuppressFinalize(Me)
End If
MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
End Sub

Protected Overrides Sub Finalize()
MyBase.Finalize()
Dispose()
End Sub

Any help would be greatly apprecited with a sample code.

Thanks,
Sonu

2 Answers

Anthony Jones

"Sonu" <replymeonly@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello -
>
> I have the following code in my vb.net app and when it runs, the memory
> usage at the Windows Task Manager keeps increasing for the application and
> stops after a while. I'm using some bitmaps and sound in the program.
>
> How would I stop the size thing to increase! I went to these link already
> but I cannot fix this issue.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.idispo...
> http://www.java2s.com/Code/VB/Development/Forceagarbagec...
>
> Protected Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal disposing As Boolean)
> If disposing AndAlso components IsNot Nothing Then
> components.Dispose()
> GC.SuppressFinalize(Me)
> End If
> MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
> End Sub
>
> Protected Overrides Sub Finalize()
> MyBase.Finalize()
> Dispose()
> End Sub
>
> Any help would be greatly apprecited with a sample code.

Please don't multi-post. Answered in dotnet.general

--
Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

CatchmeIfyouCan

Sorry about that -