microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Direct Uploading on Silverlight Streaming Service

Shamshad Ali

9/3/2008 5:49:00 AM

I want to upload a file direct to the Silverlight Streaming Service from a
Web Client such as silverlight application.

As per our product requirement we want to upload a .WMV file directly from
silverlight client to Silverlight streaming service. I tried to user
WebClient and HttpWebRequest for that purpose but, unfortunately I can found
the way to do so. There are some problems with both classes.

1. There is no property of get credentials in both classes
2. They are not supporting the http web method "PUT" to upload file on
silverlight streaming service.

Due to problems define above; we are unable to develop a silverlight client
that directly uploads .wmv videos to the Silverlight streaming service.

Is any possibility to upload a video file directly from silverlight client
to silverlight streaming service, or any other way to fullfill this
requirment.