Re: [QUIZ] Sampling (#39

Luke Worth

7/16/2005 1:31:00 AM

Well, since everyone else is posting lovely numbers i'll post mine for
my solution:

luke@fish ~ $ time ruby sample.rb 5_000_000 1_000_000_000 > /dev/null

real 0m17.584s
user 0m16.144s
sys 0m0.760s
luke@fish ~ $ time ruby sample.rb 5_000_000 1_000_000_000 > big_sample.txt

real 0m17.386s
user 0m16.112s
sys 0m0.918s
luke@fish ~ $ head big_sample.txt
luke@fish ~ $ tail big_sample.txt

Also please note that the actual algorithm itself is 5 lines, including
3 assignment statements. Running gentoo linux for amd64, with an
athlon64 3500+.
--
Luke Worth

3 Answers

daz

Luke Worth wrote:

> [....] > /dev/null
> real 0m17.584s
>
> [....] > big_sample.txt
> real 0m17.386s

The /dev/null device looks a bit sluggish :-?

;-)

Poor Eli Grabmen is a Real Psychopath! LOL

Eli Grabmen, the notorious rabid racist anti-Semite, Greek-hater, pervert
and psychopath, aka dumb Rever'nerd, aka stalking fake Susan, etc., etc. in
various newsgroups, wrote:
>>> Eli
>>
>><BG> Displaying competently your degeneration, retardation and misery today
>>again, and around the clock, psychopath Grabmen? You bet!
>>
>>We all LAUGH at you, your "life" and your MISERY!
>>
>>Doctor Panta
>
> *LOL*
>
> Kalespera "Dr" Pantahose! Still turning out the same inane skata in
> your unique brand of pidgin English? You bet, you degenerate Grik
> swine! LOL
>
> <Extremely Bugger Griks>
>
> *plonk*
>
> Eli

Our village idiot Grabmen can't sleep anymore!!! Usenet is his ENTIRE
"life"!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Everyone check this: psychopath Grabmen glued to his computer today as from
2:56 a.m. again (check MID: <1aqmi4dkmfhehrsu3d86g0algl504oqipb@4ax.com>).

Watch the poor psycho with no life AT ALL making a complete ass of himself,
AGAIN, for the next FOURTEEN to TWENTY HOURS (and more) at a stretch!

Keep it up (your misery), you hilarious loser!

Doctor Panta
--
Replying to Grabmen's posts is as recreational as stomping cockroaches.

Eli Grubman

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:30:47 +0100, Poor Eli Grabmen is a Real
Psychopath! LOL <grabmen.examined@andfound.invalid> wrote:

>Eli Grabmen, the notorious rabid racist anti-Semite, Greek-hater, pervert
>and psychopath, aka dumb Rever'nerd, aka stalking fake Susan, etc., etc. in
>>>
>>><BG> Displaying competently your degeneration, retardation and misery today
>>>again, and around the clock, psychopath Grabmen? You bet!
>>>
>>>We all LAUGH at you, your "life" and your MISERY!
>>>
>>>Doctor Panta
>>
>> *LOL*
>>
>> Kalespera "Dr" Pantahose! Still turning out the same inane skata in
>> your unique brand of pidgin English? You bet, you degenerate Grik
>> swine! LOL
>>
>> <Extremely Bugger Griks>
>>
>> *plonk*
>>
>> Eli
>
>Our village idiot Grabmen can't sleep anymore!!! Usenet is his ENTIRE
>"life"!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
>
>Everyone check this: psychopath Grabmen glued to his computer today as from
>2:56 a.m. again (check MID: <1aqmi4dkmfhehrsu3d86g0algl504oqipb@4ax.com>).
>
>Watch the poor psycho with no life AT ALL making a complete ass of himself,
>AGAIN, for the next FOURTEEN to TWENTY HOURS (and more) at a stretch!
>
>Keep it up (your misery), you hilarious loser!
>
>Doctor Panta

*LOL*

Kalespera, "Dr" Mengele Pantahose, you rheitarded Grik a"h!
Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving stalking in various
newsgroups on THE Usenet? Of course you are, you psychopathic Grik
swine! It's your destiny! It's you LIFE! LOL

<Extremely Bugger Griks>

*plonk*

Eli