core dump

Joe Van Dyk

7/14/2005 7:55:00 PM

My ruby/tk application is segfaulting. Seemingly randomly. How can I
figure out why? I have a core dump, but don't have much experience
debugging those.

Thanks,
Joe

2 Answers

threeve.org

I know there is a big warning about making sure to compile ruby with
--enable-pthread if you have a thread enabled Tk. Maybe this is the
problem? What platform/ruby/tk versions have you got?

I'm afraid I don't know much about debugging core files either though.

Jason

On 7/14/05, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk@gmail.com> wrote:
> My ruby/tk application is segfaulting. Seemingly randomly. How can I
> figure out why? I have a core dump, but don't have much experience
> debugging those.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Hidetoshi NAGAI